Recieving empty attachments on the hotmail, is this some kind of spying or hacking?

Hi
I 'm receiving e-mails from a certain friend on the hotmail , that contain empty attachments, one of them had an image attachment called image001.jpg and its size is 0.2 kb and when I opened this photo it was empty a blank white page, I received this empty attachment several times from the same friend, and once he sent me an e-mail, containing the attachment sign in it’s title (before opening the e-mail) but when I opened the e-mail there wasn’t any attachmentas signs nor attachments inside the e-mail.
Is this some kind of hacking or spying or is it a virus or is it something else?
sorry for the elongation and thanks :slight_smile:

Hi and Welcome!

have you asked your friend about what he is sending?

It is not impossible your friend’s computer is not entirely controlled by himself.

Michael

yes I asked him and he didn’t reply… and that was creepy enough…:S
and i don’t think that his computer isn’t controlled, this person knows a lot about the security stuff, and he used to work in a computer company too, but do u think from the things I mentioned my thread that he is spying on me or hacking me, or is it something else? and thanks :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mayodka;2255634]yes I asked him and he didn’t reply… and that was creepy enough…:S[/quote]:confused: Strange, indeed. But keep in mind that sender name and e-mail address can be easily faked. So this message must not necessarily come from your friend.
Was there any other content in that message?

and i don’t think that his computer isn’t controlled, this person knows a lot about the security stuff, and he used to work in a computer company too, but do u think from the things I mentioned my thread that he is spying on me or hacking me, or is it something else? and thanks :slight_smile:
I have no idea what’s going on there.
But if you still have these messages, you can upload these strange attachements to virusscan.jotti.org and see what happens.

Michael

yes they had other contents like any other ordinary e-mail, and I’m sure that those e-mails are from him because we discussed things in them that no one else knows, thanks for your help anyway, nice to talk to you :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. Some emails I send from outlooks, received only by one person, have 3 empty jpg attached to them.
I got them scanned. And there is no malware attached.
I’d love to know why and how to prevent it.