Recertified Printers @ Newegg

http://promotions.newegg.com/Printers/030409/index.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL032009&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL032009--MECH--EB3A-_-Canon
That MP810 looks interesting…nah, I’ll have an appointment with a cast iron frying pan if I buy any more printers :eek:

That 530 is a very nice little MF. Uses the IP3500 print engine and can print discs too. Perfect for anyone who just wants a quick full-featured unit with average quality.

Can print discs? I can’t find that anywhere in the spec for the 530 or ANY Canon printer. The only printers I know that can print on the white media is Epson and an H-P???

What am I missing here?

[QUOTE=vividere;2241952]Can print discs? I can’t find that anywhere in the spec for the 530 or ANY Canon printer. The only printers I know that can print on the white media is Epson and an H-P???

What am I missing here?[/QUOTE]

In the USA you have to enable disc printing:

http://pixma.ulmb.com/?p=105

I just bought the MP810 from newegg, anyone know if this is a decent photo printer??

[QUOTE=CDan;2241399]That 530 is a very nice little MF. Uses the IP3500 print engine and can print discs too. Perfect for anyone who just wants a quick full-featured unit with average quality.[/QUOTE]
I was about to jump all over this deal till i read the part[B] CAN’T REFILL INK[/B] F*** that no way would i get stuck buying a printer that i have to buy new ink for every time that would cost me a Ton of cash on how much ink i go through.

My hp i refill them about 30-40 times before trashing them

[QUOTE=urrbodyh8sme;2242130]I was about to jump all over this deal till i read the part[B] CAN’T REFILL INK[/B] F*** that no way would i get stuck buying a printer that i have to buy new ink for every time that would cost me a Ton of cash on how much ink i go through.

My hp i refill them about 30-40 times before trashing them[/QUOTE]
Please explain where you are reading this and to what printer model (s) it pertains to.

OK, I saw it.
That’s a newbie that doesn’t know what he’s talking about. You have to be careful with customer comments at Newegg or anywhere else. You need a large sampling and you’re looking for “trends”.
One guy making a comment can steer you 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

MP530 and MP810 use CLI-8 carts [B]which are refillable as well as resetable[/B].
Stay away from the other printers in the ad if you want to refill.
Use the search function, this has been discussed ad nauseam here and elsewhere…

[quote=urrbodyh8sme;2242130]I was about to jump all over this deal till i read the part[B] CAN’T REFILL INK[/B] F*** that no way would i get stuck buying a printer that i have to buy new ink for every time that would cost me a Ton of cash on how much ink i go through.

My hp i refill them about 30-40 times before trashing them[/quote]Wanna bet? There are many refill and refillable cartridge suppliers out there for the MP530 and similar models/print engines… :iagree:

The best place to buy refurbished printers is “Fry’s Electronic” which lower the prices by %75. Newegg refurbished prices are %10-%15 lower than price of brand new ones which are not worthwhile to bother with.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2242162]The best place to buy refurbished printers is “Fry’s Electronic” which lower the prices by %75. Newegg refurbished prices are %10-%15 lower than price of brand new ones which are not worthwhile to bother with.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Fry’s does have some good deals even on new printers that are hard to beat. Not long ago they had new iP3500’s for 15.99 AR :slight_smile: Then they turned around and put them on for 9.99 straight up :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]However[/B], at the moment it’s an extinction game…there just ain’t no more of the desirable CLI-8’s left…the two models mentioned above could be some of the last available, other than eBay of course :iagree:

[QUOTE=urrbodyh8sme;2242130]I was about to jump all over this deal till i read the part[B] CAN’T REFILL INK[/B] F*** that no way would i get stuck buying a printer that i have to buy new ink for every time that would cost me a Ton of cash on how much ink i go through.[/QUOTE]

One of the best deals going is to go on CraigsList (in the USA) and buy a Canon printer that uses BCI-6 cartridges. I buy these prefilled for $1.59 each and ink costs for us is nearly inconsequential. Even if you have to replace a print head you will still be ahead financially.