Recent reviews of label-printing printers

vbimport

I’m looking to buy a printer to print labels directly onto cds and dvds. I’ve been looking through this forum and find the postings (at least the ones that I’ve seen) to be very stale. Where can I find recent revues of printers (Epson?) that print labels directly onto the discs?

I’ve even had trouble determining which printers even print on discs. Why is it so hard?

Please help.

I can’t speak to Epson. Canon now offers a couple models that print to disc, you can determine that on the Canon site, its listed as a feature.

Neither of them, Canon and Epson, have significantly changed their printer engines or inks in years. So the results of prior testing are still very much relevant.

Canon ip7220
Canon MG5320

I think you have to accept that disc printing is on its way out completely, or will remain as a rare feature on select models. The current wave in printers is about wireless printing from mobile devices and so forth. Digital media is replacing shiny discs in most homes. I’ll bet that sales of printable media is a fraction of what it once was.

[QUOTE=CDan;2729402] Digital media is replacing shiny discs in most homes. I’ll bet that sales of printable media is a fraction of what it once was.[/QUOTE]

CDan,
Thanks for the reply. Your comment about digital media replacing discs really got my attention. I believe that you’re spot on. I know that downloading and sharing via the internet has cut into the demand for CDs and DVDs, but I hadn’t put this together with buying (or not buying) a printer to print labels on DVDs. Again, thanks.