Reccomend me a printer plz

Hello…im looking for a printer that will print maps to a highstandard from a programme called memory map.
I have no idea what to look for, i need very good detail on the print outs, the price range im in is up to £100.
All the inkjet printers i have looked out double up as photo printers, now its very unlikely that i will ever use the printer to print photographs but does the printing capabilities advertised for the photographs mirror the quality that a document would be printed at??
The Cannon IP4500 gets good reviews, would this be a good bet?

For the price, you can’t do better than the IP4500. Very high quality prints. I assume you will be using some sort of high resolution paper?

[QUOTE=CDan;1959588]For the price, you can’t do better than the IP4500. Very high quality prints. I assume you will be using some sort of high resolution paper?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, i dont know much about printers, so the suggestion of high resolution paper is much appreciated, i didnt know it even existed :confused:
This is maybe another dumb question but the dpi on the Canon IP4500 is very high compared to other printers in the same price bracket, is it the same printer head that prints the photographs that prints documents???

im gratefull for any help here :D:D:D

The IP4500 uses different inks and heads for plain paper black vs photo paper/high-res paper black. Plain paper is pigment ink, photo paper/high-res paper is dye ink. The same color inks/heads are used on both.

The separate ink and head for plain paper black allows much faster document printing with normal quality settings.

If you need high-res map printing, then you will want to use premium inkjet paper and photo-quality settings. On the IP4500, that will be something like “photo paper matte”, “high resolution paper” or a similar setting. The Canons also have a paper setting called “transparency” than many folks find will yield excellent results, it all depends on the paper used.

Actually if you only print black and white, the ip4500 will only print 600x600.

If you plan on just black and white, then a compact laser printer is the way to go. Check this one out: brother HL series HL-2070N 2400x600

Edit: If you want a combo printer, scanner/copier/fax/print, then HP brand products have 1200x1200 black print quality.

HP Officejet 5610 Q7311A Up to 20 ppm Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi InkJet MFC, is only 80 dollars at newegg today.

Thanks for the help guys, just to clarify, the maps i am printing are full colour maps with lots of small detail.
As far as paper goes im still a bit confused…is this the type of stuff im looking for…Canon PP101 Photo Paper Plus Glossy 270gsm A4…if not could someone be kind enough to provide a link to the type of paper im after :D:D

Yup any of the canon photo paper pro stuff will do: Link

What’s the name of the map program, there may be a limitation of the software.

[QUOTE=fenian672000;1960146]Thanks for the help guys, just to clarify, the maps i am printing are full colour maps with lots of small detail.
As far as paper goes im still a bit confused…is this the type of stuff im looking for…Canon PP101 Photo Paper Plus Glossy 270gsm A4…if not could someone be kind enough to provide a link to the type of paper im after :D:D[/QUOTE]

Maps may look better on matte finish paper than on glossy, you be the judge. Glossy photo paper is expensive, to be sure. You’ll get similar quality on any premium presentation (inkjet) paper. Depending on the amount of ink being applied, 24# paper would be the minimum, (90 g/m2). Try several and see what you like.

Epson premium inkjet

HP

There’s a lot to choose from in the “premium inkjet paper” class.