Reboot problem

vbimport

I have a Lenovo 450K, 2 T HD 12 G Ram, i7 Processor,Win 8.1. The problem I have with this machine is that when rebooting it take up to 4-5 reboots to restart. This has happened even after re-storing to factory. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2724008]I have a Lenovo 450K, 2 T HD 12 G Ram, i7 Processor,Win 8.1. The problem I have with this machine is that when rebooting it take up to 4-5 reboots to restart. This has happened even after re-storing to factory. Any ideas greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
That’s usually means a memory module is bad, but I would go into the BIOS and reset it , if you had made any changes, or install MEMTEST and check your memory. You can also check and see if there is a new BIOS you can install for your computer.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2724009]That’s usually means a memory module is bad, but I would go into the BIOS and reset it , if you had made any changes, or install MEMTEST and check your memory. You can also check and see if there is a new BIOS you can install for your computer.[/QUOTE]
Alan, thanks again for the reply, did a memory test, showed no errors, not sure how to check bios to reset, please advise.
Jim

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2724102]Alan, thanks again for the reply, did a memory test, showed no errors, not sure how to check bios to reset, please advise.
Jim[/QUOTE]
Open the bios, there is usually something right on the first page that allows you to reset the bios to default settings. Do that, you have already reset the OS to its default settings, so it has to be hardware related. This could be many things, make a weak PSU, if your memory checked out, then I would test all the possible components including one by one stop all your USB based devices, like your printer or mouse and other things you have connected to your computer. Reboot after disconnecting each device and see if you can find the culprit. Including disconnecting all your DVDRW drives.

Start in SAFE mode (F8 during boot), see if it boots correctly

Marty

[QUOTE=alan1476;2724103]Open the bios, there is usually something right on the first page that allows you to reset the bios to default settings. Do that, you have already reset the OS to its default settings, so it has to be hardware related. This could be many things, make a weak PSU, if your memory checked out, then I would test all the possible components including one by one stop all your USB based devices, like your printer or mouse and other things you have connected to your computer. Reboot after disconnecting each device and see if you can find the culprit. Including disconnecting all your DVDRW drives.[/QUOTE]
Alan, again thanks,turns out it was a bad USB 3.0 external multi connector that the problem, works fine now
Jim

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2724149]Alan, again thanks,turns out it was a bad USB 3.0 external multi connector that the problem, works fine now
Jim[/QUOTE] Very common durkinjt, I have had many builds with that same issue, I am very happy we solved it.:slight_smile: