Reason for Version 5 of DVDFab

vbimport

Is it not better to improve Version 4, which is stable, instaed of finding out bugs in Version 5.
So my question, what is the really reason for version 5 ?

[QUOTE=Conqueror_01;2050618]Is it not better to improve Version 4, which is stable, instaed of finding out bugs in Version 5.
So my question, what is the really reason for version 5 ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Feng could keep improving 4.xxx and he is. Each improvement causes an increment in the “xxx” part of the version. But when he gets to double digits in more than one of the x’s – expect a new version sometime soon. Unless he is doing a total rewrite, all he does is change the colors because he’s been upgrading all along until that point. So in a way it is a brand new version if you compared, say, a hypothetical 6.000 to a 5.000. But 6.000 will really not be too much different than 5.999 or whatever the last iteration of version 5.xxx was. 6.xxx will probably be out in Jan 09 or Feb 09 at the rate he’s going.

[quote=Conqueror_01;2050618]Is it not better to improve Version 4, which is stable, instaed of finding out bugs in Version 5.
So my question, what is the really reason for version 5 ?[/quote]
There are many reasons to change a major Version release number. First of all it goes into another folder. Many have V4 and V5 installed at the same time. There were also major GUI changes and changes to key code system, which ferrets out users of cracked programs. They cant get a valid V5 key unless they have a valid V4 key. Sometime measures have to be taken that the average consumer is not aware of. All this makes the program better in the long run. May8th is almost upon us, if anyone does not own this program now, try it and if you like it buy it. May8th the prices will be changing.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2050727]There are many reasons to change a major Version release number. First of all it goes into another folder. Many have V4 and V5 installed at the same time. There were also major GUI changes and changes to key code system, which ferrets out users of cracked programs. They cant get a valid V5 key unless they have a valid V4 key. Sometime measures have to be taken that the average consumer is not aware of. All this makes the program better in the long run. May8th is almost upon us, if anyone does not own this program now, try it and if you like it buy it. May8th the prices will be changing.:iagree:[/QUOTE]
Well said, Alan…:iagree:
And remember… on May 8th, it looks like [B]DVD to Mobile [/B] will be split off as its own product line and will not be available as part of Platinum (at least this is how it looks to me). So here’s another great reason to grab the best software of its kind and ensure you keep all its current features for the lifetime of the product. Do it before May 8th…:wink:

[quote=maineman;2050770]Well said, Alan…:iagree:
And remember… on May 8th, it looks like [B]DVD to Mobile [/B]will be split off as its own product line and will not be available as part of Platinum (at least this is how it looks to me). So here’s another great reason to grab the best software of its kind and ensure you keep all its current features for the lifetime of the product. Do it before May 8th…;)[/quote]
Well said Tom, as I believe thats exactly what going to happen. Just look in the “About” of Platnium V5.

its an appropriate time to upgrade imo, i weighed up the buy/not to buy and decided no on the fact that i only use main movie so can use hd decrypter and the couple of episodic series im interested in i can get done within the trial period,

best to buy b4 may 8th if your going to

If you have even the slightest interest [B]buy it now[/B]. No whining May 9th.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=signals;2050962]If you have even the slightest interest [B]buy it now[/B]. No whining May 9th.:)[/QUOTE]
Plus don’t forget guys the price of lifetime updates will change on May 9th also if you don’t buy before that day you will be paying for updates that otherwise would have been free.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2050772]Well said Tom, as I believe thats exactly what going to happen. Just look in the “About” of Platnium V5.[/QUOTE]huh i never even noticed that in the about in v5…

[quote=Bob;2051141]huh i never even noticed that in the about in v5…[/quote]There are boxes for license expiration dates.

[QUOTE=signals;2051144]There are boxes for license expiration dates.[/QUOTE]yeah mine has 2 listings and say never :bigsmile:

So do mine, and they always will (I hope).

i ask dvdfab support about the split off dvd to mobile, the reply i got back said that dvd to mobile will be another program AND won’t cost too much:
Hi,

The new DVD to mobile software will have many new features. We should offer a very low price to upgrade to the new software.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Ellen Zhang
DVDIdle Support Team
so appearently we do not get the dvd to mobile program with our our old license!

If you have a paid version of Platinum you will. That’s why there are 2 licenses in the about with v5.

I think you have misinterpreted the email. If you have Platinum now, you already have the mobile option. You will get to keep it. It will cost you nothing extra. Ever. They probably plan to offer a discounted upgrade or purchase for the mobile option for those who do not have it now. It [B]will[/B] cost them extra if they don’t buy it now, so they need to [B]buy it now[/B]. Sorry if I sound like a broken record. I’ve said this so many times I can’t think of another way to say it.[quote=SLOVEHEART;2051432]i ask dvdfab support about the split off dvd to mobile, the reply i got back said that dvd to mobile will be another program AND won’t cost too much:
Hi,

The new DVD to mobile software will have many new features. We should offer a very low price to upgrade to the new software.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Ellen Zhang
DVDIdle Support Team
so appearently we do not get the dvd to mobile program with our our old license![/quote]

[QUOTE=signals;2051480] I’ve said this so many times I can’t think of another way to say it.[/QUOTE]

[B]Get it before it’s too late,
get it while it’s hot,
get it before it’s gone,
don’t miss the boat,
or as you said BUY IT NOW.[/B] :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2051499][B]Get it before it’s too late,
get it while it’s hot,
get it before it’s gone,
don’t miss the boat,
or as you said BUY IT NOW.[/B] :bigsmile: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]lol I have Plat and [B]many[/B] other paid for apps. I have no regrets :disagree:

[QUOTE=jamespreston;2051510]That’s too bad. I was hoping to see that compatiblity with the core product.[/QUOTE]I could be wrong but i said this one other time here and never heard from Fengtao or Ting.

Fengtao works with DVDFab DVD part of it?

And Ting works on the DVD to Mobile part?

They must not be in the same town or whatever and would make it easier for both to work on and release updates?

Just my guess…

[quote=Bob;2051512]They must not be in the same town or whatever and would make it easier for both to work on and release updates?

Just my guess…[/quote] :iagree:

Even if they were in the same room it would still make it much easier for them to work on the respective parts and release them with out having to wait on the other part. IMHO.

[quote=jamespreston;2051510]That’s too bad. I was hoping to see that compatiblity with the core product.[/quote]I give up.:eek: