Realtek onboard driver Q

vbimport

Hi guys

My m/b (Elite NFORCE 570 SLIT-A) has a realtek onboard sound card. What is the difference between the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver & the RealTek Codec Sound on board driver? On their site they have both these drivers available for download. I dont know which one to download.

I want to update my sound card driver because while i watch tv through my genius tv card (pci) the sound disappears after a few minutes and i have to close the pc tv and restart it, very irritating. Thanks for any help.

Probably for different chipsets. Go into System -> Hardware -> Device Manager and your chip should show up under ‘Sound, video…’. Get the one that matches.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2019031]Probably for different chipsets. Go into System -> Hardware -> Device Manager and your chip should show up under ‘Sound, video…’. Get the one that matches.[/QUOTE]Without drivers installed, this device would only be detected as unknown.

I’d prefer a look into the mainboard manual instead :wink:

Michael

I have found that simply doing a windows update for windows will have an update on your sound card. I ran into this with my Averatec laptop that has RealTek also.

I’d go with Realtek HD driver 1.89 from here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Both the 3.1 and the 5.1 verions of the board use an ALC883 HD-audio chip. The other driver is for AC97 onboard (3.9x/4.0x driver versions) - the apperance of this one in the list for the board would seem to be a mistake