Really weird dvd burning problem HELP!

Hi, I have this really weird problem. I just bought a maxtor personal storage 3200 320 GB hard drive and I store my dvd movies on there. I used clonedvd2 to copy the dvds to the hard drive. When I tried to burn a tv series to dvd using clonedvd2(there are 6 discs in the tv series) I burn the discs using clone dvd2 and it works fine but…when I try to play the discs, all 6 discs play fine until the last ten minutes on each disc. The last ten minutes freeze up and dont work. I tried playing the original disc and there were no problems. Then I tried copying the disc directly (not from the hard drive) and I tried playing it and there were no problems. There are only problems watching the last ten minutes when I burn from the external hard drive to a disc. Also let me mention that I tried playing the dvd files on my external hard drive with win dvd and they played fine too with no problems. It is only when I burn from the hard drive to a disc that I have problems watching the last ten minutes which freeze up. So please can anyone help me I am desperate for any help and need it ASAP. Thanks in advance.

What media are you using?? use dvd identifier to see media code

I dont use anything but Memorex 8x DVD+R

Thats your problem Memorex. I asked you to use dvd identifier but you didnt answer! Lets start by trying any media from Japan-Tayio Yuden or verbatim, Sony and see if you get the same results. If your in the US-Sony is on sale at bestbuy. Saying you use memorex doesnt mean anything -Memorex does not manufacture disks -they just put their name on it. If its not the media then we have to have info on your system, dvd drive, firmware, memory ,etc. etc.

Here is information about my memorex 8x DVD+R

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier V4.3.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Yeah, try some better media like Verbatim.

For the most part, Memorex is Ritek media, very inconsistent. Take the suggestion of using better media.

:cool: :cool:

Alright problem IS NOT FIXED. I JUST BOUGHT VERBATIM DVD+R MEDIA and tried burning some discs and the same problem is happening. The very last episode on the disc is freezing up and I cant watch it. So it is obviously not the media because this is top of the line. Let me just point out that I am using a dell laptop with an NEC ND-6500A DVD burner with 203D firmware. Something is obviously wrong because when I used my memorex media on my desktop DVD burner, an NEC ND-2100 AD with firmware 103D all the media burned successfuly and the very last episode and/or the last minutes of the dvd do not freeze up when I burned with the ND-2100 AD. The dvds work perfectly with no problems what so ever when I burn on my desktop, however when using the laptop burner, the ND-6500A, that is when the last episode on the dvd is unwatchable and/or freezes. So can someone please help me ASAP because I have wasted numerous dvds already and dont want to waste any more!!!

Burn slower, update the burners firmware.

I did update the firmware, tell me if there is any other firmware that is more updated than 203D. Thanks

Because it’s an slimtype one, use better media.

Thats absurd, I am using top of the line verbatim 8x dvd+R media what are you talking about using better media, that is BS. I am using the best media, so what the hell is going on?

Calm down this is just procedure routine. I read only your first post and I’m saying what could be the issue here not that it is but it can happen. I think there was a coruption during the read to the HDD the first time. Delete the old copies of the T.V. series off the Hdd and redo the DVD’s again then check the copy on the HDD and see if it persists. If it does considering that you can do a direct read and burn and all is fine and the original is fine then the problem is the HDD either a bad HDD it happens, or corrupted HDD. Also for the record top of the line is TY’s and then Verbatims But the media shouldn’t be an issue here. I’m willing to bet the HDD is the culprit.

instead of wasting all those dvd’s (whoever the culprit is) why not get some rewriteable disks so if the problem occurs you can just erase them and try again? btw, i use both memorex and maxell dvd+ 16x disks burned at 8x for all of my movies (using alcohol 120%) and i have no problems whatsoever. mpegs and avi files are reformated to video_ts files using roxio divx to dvd then reformated to iso using dvdshrink. no problems as of yet.

Hey, it cant be the external hard drive because 1.) it is brand new and 2.) I can burn perfectly from my desktop.

So it obviously cant be the hard drive cause otherwise I wouldnt be able to burn properly on my desktop burner. So any more ideas?

It looks to me like that you have some program that is starting up during the last few minutes that is causing your problem copying form an external hardrive would take longer than from a one in the computer so some program like antivirus or other is trying to look at the drive and or do something else that is causing problems. I would try stopping all programs that are running in the background(ctlaltdel to task bar to stop them), disable the network connection. Then try and burn the disk. You could leave the task manager running looking at the programs to see if one shows a hit during the last part of the burn.