Really REALLY miss the 'best rated' drive list

Back in the days this was called ‘CDFreaks’, there was always a quarterly “Best voted DVD burner” list. I really miss being able to jump on, quickly find which drive people recommend. I see that people are constantly asking ‘whats the best drive I can get right now’ question again and again in the forums too.

Could our forum leaders set that back up again? I mean, how hard is it to make a side-bar question with results posted once a quarter to set up?

[QUOTE=mfife;2571664]Back in the days this was called ‘CDFreaks’, there was always a quarterly “Best voted DVD burner” list. I really miss being able to jump on, quickly find which drive people recommend. I see that people are constantly asking ‘whats the best drive I can get right now’ question again and again in the forums too.

Could our forum leaders set that back up again? I mean, how hard is it to make a side-bar question with results posted once a quarter to set up?[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are so right. It takes some serious digging to find what is currently the best.

Just today I’ve been here 15 minutes so far and still don’t know what I need.

This is exactly what I want to ask :slight_smile: whats the best dvd burner money can buy today.

I’ll also second that. Having a list of highly recommended burners (both internal and external) is what made CDFreaks great!

How about it, forum leaders?

i was here for the same thing… still haven’t found what i should get. missing that list.

FYI, if you are looking for a DVD burner w/o any BD stuff, I think the Sony Optiarc AD-7260S was pretty much the last/best.

Now I don’t know why they would not do that…bring back best drive, unless there really isn’t much difference in them now, which is totally bunk.

I think they should have a sticky in each of the brands sections and showing best dvd, combo and blu-ray, it would only be a good thing if that were to happen, it did make CD Freaks one of the hottest spots out there but now yes you have to do your own research, which makes CLUB MYCE not so hot, in fact it makes New Egg and Amazon hot becasue you can actually read decent reviews on drives you are considering.

I am not downing CLUB MYCE, but it is lacking this needed function though.

Yo-

IMO - it is the little things like this that are keeping the membership away in droves.

The new management doesn’t get what the foundation of CDFreaks consisted of - and that is why Club MyCE sucks.

The old management did - and THAT is what made CDFreaks so darn good.

Don’t take my word for it - look at the current number of member peeps logged in-eh.

I sent a message to the mods, maybe…just maybe they can understand how important it is to bring a “Best Rated Drives” thread back to life.

Nice idea, i’ll try to gather all the drives that i can for the 2010-2011 years, recommendations on drives are welcome.

Thank you very much, do what you can, people here appreciates knowing which is the “Best Rated” drives are, especially when they are ready to purchase one, which is the top model in its’ class of drives without scouring the network and sometimes that will not help either, this is one of the many features that made CD Freaks great.

If you want to make Club Myce a great place people would like to visit, just put up a thread, on how would you change Club Myce, you will find out much info to make it a better forum and you would find everything people really would like to see most.

This site has turned into another generic cookie cutter tech site.

I too remember the days of 10 years ago when cdfreaks actually had something to offer.

if this site wanted to do for its’ members the Admins would try a little harder to change things back to when it was a great site.

I’m suspicious that there’s perhaps some brand-related politics on this website. What could be the reason for eliminating such a solid popular list?

[QUOTE=Neogenic;2601391]I’m suspicious that there’s perhaps some brand-related politics on this website. What could be the reason for eliminating such a solid popular list?[/QUOTE]

:disagree: i didnt have enough time to complete the list and start a thread. If all goes as planned i hope that by the end of this weekend the poll will be active.

I of course appreciate your effort, it would be very cool if such a list would be available thank you. :cool:

(consider my suspiciousness withdrawn)

Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

[B]dvd burners[/B]

optiarc 724xS
optiarc 524xS
optiarc 726xS
optiarc 526xS
optiarc 728xS
optiarc 528xS
Pionner 118
Pioneer 219
Asus 24B3ST/LT
Asus 24B1ST/LT
LG GH24NS/LS70
LG GE24LU20
Liteon iHAS x24 B
Liteon iHAS x24 A
plextor PX-L890SA
plextor PX-880SA
liteon eNAU608 (external slim)
liteon eTAU108 (external slim)
liteon eSAU 108/208 (external slim)
Samsung SH-222
Samsung SH-S243N
Samsung SE-S084C

[B]Blu-Ray[/B]

Pioneer BDR-206
Pioneer BDR-206
Plextor PX-LB950SA
plextor PX-B940SA
plextor PX-B310U (combo)
LG WH10LS30/BH10LS30
LG BH12LS35
LG CH12NS/LS28 (Combo drive)
Liteon iHES112/212 3
Liteon iHBS112/212
Sony Optiarc BD-5300S
Sony BWU-500S 12x
Samsung Sh-B123L/A (Combo)

Here is a list of the drives that i will be adding, if someone believes that i missed some DVD-RW / BD-RE units please post it, so this poll can be as accurate as possible.

All drive should be available for purchase.

Looks pretty solid to begin with considering the poll will also evolve in time right. [offtopic] I have to say it’s a real jungle out there with all those different à nd similar chipsets.

The poll will remain the same, no new drives will be added. It doesn’t make much sense to add new drives, you will only ruin the current poll.