Real taiyo yudens?

I have seen a fifty pack of dvd-r disc spindle for 40 dollars, the advertisement said they were a brand call “u-trans” and said they were manufactured by taiyo yuden and they were of very high quality.

does anyone know if it’s true?

Originally posted by soulviet

I have seen a fifty pack of dvd-r disc spindle for 40 dollars, the advertisement said they were a brand call “u-trans” and said they were manufactured by taiyo yuden and they were of very high quality.
Beware of them, the TY DVDRs cost $1.60 on the average.

Check the list

thanks for the list, here is where I saw the advertisement though, just in case ebay ad

Originally posted by soulviet

just in case ebay ad
Thanks. Such cakeboxes are usually being used by RiTEK, I’ve got planty of them here.

And here’s what TY media cakeboxes should look like :

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Thanks. Such cakeboxes are usually being used by RiTEK, I’ve got planty of them here.

And here’s what TY media cakeboxes should look like :

[/B]

BoSkin,

Does that mean that generally FujiFilm DVD+R/RW’s are generally made by TY?

Originally posted by IC_Light_Lvr

Does that mean that generally FujiFilm DVD+R/RW’s are generally made by TY?
No, it doesn’t. But the cakeboxes like that variously branded would contain TY media.

The eBay ad says " U-Tran brand DVD-R media is from same manufacture of Taiyo Yuden.", not that these are TY discs. Same wordplay you find a lot on eBay these days. Still, it would be interesting to know the disc info… I just have a hard time trusting a lot of these dealers on eBay any more. Definitely prefer the private sellers.

so as long as the cake box look like those, they are ty’s? cause I read somewhere that fujifilm ty’s were only sold in packs of 10 with the jewel cases, so that’s what I’ve been buying, but if they are sold in high quantities, I would buy those to save money, plus I don’t need the jewel cases anyway. where can I find the fujifilm ty dvd-r’s in a 50pack or 100pack?

Originally posted by soulviet
…where can I find the fujifilm ty dvd-r’s in a 50pack or 100pack?

I would suggest to check the online stores in BoSkin’s list :wink:

Just search for TY DVD-R, the quality of the TY media is the same
whether it has the Fuji logo on it, or TDK or …

Andy :smiley:

thanks for the help everyone, guess I gotta be careful on what I buy:D