Real easy question about burning CD

vbimport

I am going to burn a game for my son on a CD and just wondered which format I should use…am a newbie in the game department. Do I burn it as a data CD? Thanks.

If you have tio burn the game in CD rather than DVD then burn the game in VCD or better in SVCD format.

So where do I find this VCD or SVCD format? Which program do I use? I have Nero Essentials but can’t find any option for that.

Please ignore the reference to VCD & SVCD. They’re just movie formats & nothing to do with games.

It really depends what format the game is in now. So without knowing that it’s hard to say.

What has a game to do with VCD or SVCD?? :rolleyes:

Please give us more info, eg. what program you have used to create the image/backup.

Hey; what don’t guys really provide your own good solution to the poster problem rather than always start nitpicking and bragging about others suggestion. So what your solution?

Hi Wiskerluv
What program do you have to do the backup copy with :confused:
you can try using DVDFab Platinum and use the “Clone Mode” it will give you an exact copy of it no matter what the format it is :cool:
also use a DVD to copy it to :smiley:

When you post advice that is totally misleading & wrong of course we’re going to point it out.
Unfortunately this isn’t the first time that you’ve totally misunderstood the posters problem & posted misleading or totally wrong info.

Are you claiming that you know all? You only have the right to express you own opinion not challenge the others shrewdly. People express their point of view wrong to right is not for you to say you are the only one who is right. Please reframe within your newly appointed Moderator and let the others do express themselves without get nitpicking from you also let the posters decide which offered solution they pick.

Is amazing you gays when become moderator you turn to big bother

This isn’t helping the original poster solving his problem. I suggest this particular discussion ends here. :wink:

EDIT: You edited your post while I was replying. Your rant is uncalled for and it certainly doesn’t belong here in this thread. If you have something personal to say, do so by Private Message.

Now lets get back on-topic! :cop:

Hi Wiskerluv
sorry for the moderator and Guru :doh: doing this in your thread :frowning: seems they are not acting like a moderator and Guru :rolleyes: , lets get back to your problem OK, hopfully we can get you issue resolved so we can close this thread :cool:

I always cause a problem when I ask for advice…lol. Anyway, I just burned the game to my HD and have done nothing else. I have no idea what format they are in - there are 3 main files: Audio, Data, and FMV. I will d/l the DVDFab and see what I can do. These files are just files and haven’t been made into ISO. I wanted to burn to CD because the game is only 128 mbs. and that would fit on a CD, unless its necessary to put on a DVD then I will. Thanks

Hi,

most CD burning applications have a “copy entire disc” option. That should work unless there is some copy protection. In that case, special software like Alcohol 120%, Clone CD and similar is required, and also the drives used for reading and writing are not unimportant then.
As I am not into games, I can’t provide further details. But you may browse through the several sections of the CDfreaks forum, I am sure, you’ll find additional useful information.

Michael

is it a free game or commercial one? did you copied from original CD or downloaded from internet? you sad you copied entire 128MB install files to your Hard Drive. burn a DATA CD and see if the game install fine from that CD. If it is a commercial game then the original CD i probably protected and you need software like Alcohol 120% to make a full copy of the original CD. We need more info.

Yes I downloaded from the internet. I will also try and get Alcohol 120. Thanks for the advice. Will let you know.

If you’ve downloaded the game from internet the just burn the files to a CD as DATA CD. That’s It.

YAY!!! I have a small no-frills program called Small CD Writer and burned the game with it and it plays just fine on the laptop. My son has already played the game so everything is cool. Thanks for everyone;s help!!