ReadyBoost

vbimport

ReadyBoost is a Vista and Windows 7 feature that uses a compatible USB flash device to enhance performance. If I have 4gb mem installed on Vista 32bit, will this drive still enhance the performance on my PC I use a raid 0 on my two Hdd drives and one hdd for backup???

If you already use 4 GB of RAM, the readyboost feature will not give you any advantage. Even if the 32 bit version can use only 3 GB.

Flash memories used in USB pendrives are not fast enough to give you an advantage, and actually I think that using an USB pendrive will cause a slowing in your system.

You’ll get a better improvement installing more RAM (and the 64-bit version of Windowd 7) or a SSD drive :slight_smile:

Nice of MS to get Vista32 to report the 4GB of RAM even if it only uses 3GB of it. I would have only installed 3GB but then I wouldn’t have had matched RAM modules.
Even when I bought this computer & it only had 1GB I gave ReadyBoost a try & didn’t get but a minor improvement. With 4GB I can’t tell any difference.

Thank you for your reply. New question: ReadyBoost with a USB3 drive on the same computer.???

[QUOTE=Chriscreative;2524773]Thank you for your reply. New question: ReadyBoost with a USB3 drive on the same computer.???[/QUOTE]

Even USB3 devices cannot write or read their memory faster than the memory banks on a motherboard can. If you have no performance issues on your system, ReadyBoost is pretty much useless.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2524828]Even USB3 devices cannot write or read their memory faster than the memory banks on a motherboard can. If you have no performance issues on your system, ReadyBoost is pretty much useless.[/QUOTE]

Ditto :iagree:

I’d like to add that only installing a SSD you can get a noticeable performance boost :slight_smile:

Too bad prices are not (yet) wallet-friendly :frowning: