i am a new poster to this site but I have been reading it religiously for the last week. My husband and I just bought a Plextor 708A internal DVD burner. Based on everthing I’d read online we thought it was the best and that it would work great in our system. BOY WERE WE WRONG!! We have been trying to backup some DVD movies and every single one of them PIXELATES LIKE CRAZY!!! in our home DVd player. Then we put it back in the burner and sometimes it pixelates and sometimes it doesn’t but then it always pixelates and freezes in our DVD player and always at DIFFERENT times for the same movie. We have not had truly successful burn yet!! The following are our computer specs, Dvd specs, and EVERYTHING we have tried. PLEASE HELP US!!
Computer Specs: Pentium 3- 850 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, ASUS motherboard, Plextor 708A DVD burner
DVD player: Mintek 2100- this player is great and according to other sites plays all types of media
Media using: Memorex DVD+RW- Phillips 041 code, which is recommended by Plextor, Maxell DVD+R
Programs we have used: DVD X Copy 1.5.2, DVD X Copy version 3. something (sorry, hubby is computer brains in family), DVd X Copy 4. something, DVD Decrypter (most current version, downloaded 2 days ago), Nero 220.127.116.11 (again most current version, downloaded yesterday), DVD Shrink, Easy CD DVD Creator 6 (yes, I know this sucks!!)
Other things we have done- before you even suggest, we have:
- checked ASPI settings and updated them on adaptec website last night
- tried burning at slower speed (4X or 2.4X)
- tried different types of media
- checked to make sure DMA was properly installed, whatever, fixed it last night
- tried not burning to egde of disk
- tried all above mentioned programs and all possible combinations of
- made sure nothing was running in the background
- made sure buffer wasn’t underrunning
Basically I have been reading forum threads for the last 96 hours trying to determine what is going on and we have tried everything under the sun!!
PLEASE HELP US!!!