Reading Subchannel Data w/Liteon DVD

vbimport

I test yesterday my new LiteOn 163 DVD drive with Nero CD Speed, and get upset because it shows me that DVD can not read subchannel data. By review on CDR-Info site it can read subchannel. What's wrong? I used CD created with my LiteOn 32X12X40X. :frowning:

well my guess it that it probably can read sub-channel data get newest firmware and try it with clone cd :slight_smile:

It has the latest firmware.
Also, does anybody knows the difference between Liteon 163 and Liteon 163D? I can’t find answer on a Liteon site.
Thanks

LTD163D is just a newer revision of the LTD163. But this change was enough so a new firmware version was needed.

In use there is no noticeable difference.

Anyway, it has latest firmware and Nero shows “Can’t read subchannel data”. Pretty strange. I’m going to ask Liteon support and see what they say.:confused:

Originally posted by OldGamer
Anyway, it has latest firmware and Nero shows “Can’t read subchannel data”. Pretty strange. I’m going to ask Liteon support and see what they say.:confused:

Why do you believe Nero?:smiley:
I backed-up a few psx games with it:libcrypt protection,stored in the subchannels…:wink:

I’m not saying Liteon 163D can’t read subchannel data in general, I’m sure your Liteon DVD can read subchannel data. What I’m saying is just something wrong in my system, may be settings somewhere, may be something else. If it’s just Nero bug, it’s ok. I didn’t try to read disks with subchannel data yet, cause I just install DVD. Before I used my Liteon 32X12X40X, and it was fine (and Nero shows Liteon can read Subch…).

This is normal that Nero reports LiteOn DVD to not support reading of subchannels.

Nero uses the response hardware info from the drive itself to determine the information. However, the response is incorrectly set in there by LiteOn or the chip manufacturer. This doesn’t mean that the drive does not support reading of subchannel.

The drive does support reading of full subchannels.

This goes the same for Toshiba DVD drives.

Thanks, now I feel better.:slight_smile: