Reading Safedisc 2.8 with Blindwrite

I just made a backup of The Sims Unleashed(disc 1) with a Polaroid BurnMAX48 using the latest BlindWrite release. My disckdump read time was terrible (LiteON LTD 165H) and I’m just curious to those who made backups of this game, what were your discdump read times? Mine was 1 hour 10 minutes:(

Shoebedobedoo :cool:
I followed the tutororial philamber posted but had to write in RAW DAO pw mode, pq mode failed :frowning:

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
[B]I just made a backup of The Sims Unleashed(disc 1) with a Polaroid BurnMAX48 using the latest BlindWrite release. My disckdump read time was terrible (LiteON LTD 165H) and I’m just curious to those who made backups of this game, what were your discdump read times? Mine was 1 hour 10 minutes:(

I followed the tutororial philamber posted but had to write in RAW DAO pw mode, pq mode failed :frowning: [/B]

I assume you’re talking about dumping times with blindwrite rather than discdump. If so, I’m not totally surprised as blindread’s safedisc dumping speeds are terrible with Lite-on dvds. Still, 1 hour 10 mins is appalling. Try using your writer as the reader.

I’m also not surprised that dao pq didn’t work as that burning mode hasn’t worked properly for me either with recent blindwrite releases. In fact, dao pq burning has produced cds that are totally unreadable. :frowning:

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
I assume you’re talking about dumping times with blindwrite rather than discdump. If so, I’m not totally surprised as blindread’s safedisc dumping speeds are terrible with Lite-on dvds. Still, 1 hour 10 mins is appalling. Try using your writer as the reader.

I’m also not surprised that dao pq didn’t work as that burning mode hasn’t worked properly for me either with recent blindwrite releases. In fact, dao pq burning has produced cds that are totally unreadable. :frowning: [/B]

philamber,
I’m referring to disc dump times (read image), not build bwa file(s) :smiley: I tried the Polaroid BurnMAX48 but I’m getting about the same results :frowning:
I did some extensive testing last night with Alcohol120% and this program produced superior results! :smiley: My read image time with the Polaroid BurnMAX48 for The Sims Unleashed (disc 1) was just over 12 minutes :smiley: Disc 2 took only 2 minutes& 45 seconds.The Polaroid BurnMAX48 produced faster read image times than my LiteON LTD 165H (surprised me). The backups installed and play just fine. After my extensive testing, I find Alcohol120% by far the best program to backup Safedisc 2.8.x :smiley: