Reading really slow

I’ve got DVDFab Decrypter 5.0.7.6 and it is taking along time (35-45 minutes) to copy a DVD. It used to take about 10-15 minutes. Something did pop up once about DMA, but all my setting are ‘dma if available’, i did not change any settings.

Is there another reason this has slowed down so much? Some setting i’m missing?

First try upgrading to the latest version.

I will do that. Although, it has been the same version i’ve been using. I’ll let you know what happens.

There have been quite a few updates since your version and you don’t mention the movie you’re trying to backup.

[I]dma if available[/I] isn’t the answer.
There’s [B]Transfer Mode: DMA if available[/B]
and
[B]Current Transfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 2[/B] (or UDMA 4)
This is the one to pay attention to…

Please click on the [B]Reset DMA [/B]button in [B]Fab > Common Settings[/B].
This will frequently do it.

If not, please click on the second DMA link in my sig and run the VBScript file.
Near the top of the article you’ll see:

1. Click[B] here[/B]

Thanks guys. I did the ‘reset DMA’ and that seems to have fixed it. I also tried the button above it ‘check for latest updates’ and that button did nothing.

What is the best way to update to the latest version?

[quote=erope;2216239]Thanks guys. I did the ‘reset DMA’ and that seems to have fixed it. I also tried the button above it ‘check for latest updates’ and that button did nothing.

[B]What is the best way to update to the latest version[/B]?[/quote]
either here in the DVDFab forum or dvdfab.com :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2216242]either here in the DVDFab forum or dvdfab.com :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Exactly, the “[I]check for latest updates[/I]” will only serve as a prompt or notification.
The user still has to manually download and install the new version.

Glad to hear you’re “up to speed” now.