Reading Disc Problem

All,
I burned a data disc with 4.3g of tv programs on to a disc a few months ago, I got the successful burn message in vista and could eject and insert and see the files after. But today I loaded the disc again into my laptop and it will not read the disc or it reads it but I cannot see the files but could before, any ideas what the problem maybe? is there anyway to save the files on the disc?:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Damo2007;2068844]All,
I burned a data disc with 4.3g of tv programs on to a disc a few months ago, I got the successful burn message in vista and could eject and insert and see the files after. But today I loaded the disc again into my laptop and it will not read the disc or it reads it but I cannot see the files but could before, any ideas what the problem maybe? is there anyway to save the files on the disc?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hi Damo2007,
What is the brand of the medium?

[quote=pepst;2068851]Hi Damo2007,
What is the brand of the medium?[/quote]

Hey pepst,
Its a rebrand supermarket disc ASDA. This is the first time I have had the problem, the media works prefectly with my MAC but on the vista laptop which I burn it with no good.

Is this re writable or normal dvd-r? What program was used to write, and was disk finalised?

Could you tell us a MID code of that disc (download DVD Identifier) and what DVD RW drive do you have in your laptop?