Reading civilization III HELP!

Nothing does… I’ve just tried everything, every option

its got safedisc v2… im just unable to read it. whenever i try, with any program, with any (especially the right ones :PP) options, it just stays at 0% …

i’ve got a asus 8xmax dvdrom (i duno if it’s supposed to be good or bad… all i know is i’m constantly having problems with it) … i just need to read it!! if only i could just create the damn .ccd …

dont even wanan burn it, will use it with daemon manager…

anyone can tell me what im doing wrong? :mad:

(btw yes its an original…)

What read settings are you using? Select ‘Fast Error Skip’ and try fiddling around with the FES settings like error correction and read retries. Watch the log windows while creating the image. You’ll get a lot of read errors in the first 10.500 sectors or so. After this point the disc should be error free.

Goodluck!

…and be patient, first 2 - 3 percent (where all the read errors are) can take ages. Typically 15 to 30 min for 1 percent.

Open the log when you have started reading…watch to see if errors are being reported…if so, your getting there…just wait.

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Da-Smasha
…and be patient, first 2 - 3 percent (where all the read errors are) can take ages. Typically 15 to 30 min for 1 percent.

that depends if your reader can do FES
my old 52X was very slow when reading FES
but now my liteon ltd 163 does it very fast

i dunno why, it escaped me, looking at the log i mean . . i was just looking at the % and seeing it stay at 0 for 10 minutes thinking it wouldnt work

well thanks a lot! :))