Reading a incompatible DVDR

vbimport

I have a Sony DVD+R that I recorded tv shows onto using my Panasonic EZ47V.
However after finalizing I can longer play the DVD on the Panasonic (“Unsupport” error) or anything.

Is there a way to extract the information from the DVD?
I also have a Maxell DVD with the same problem, except I get a “disc error” message when I play it on the Panasonic.

Or am I stuck with two coasters?

If you have a dvd drive in your computer you might be able to extract the contents onto the hard drive using a program called ISOBuster. There is a free version and a paid version of this program. You’ll just have to try the free one and see if will work.

http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

If your PC can see the folder & files on the DVD just do a copy & paste to your hard drive.
If that doesn’t work then try a software like ISOBuster.

[QUOTE=jaijef72;2474299]I have a Sony DVD+R that I recorded tv shows onto using my Panasonic EZ47V.
However after finalizing I can longer play the DVD on the Panasonic (“Unsupport” error) or anything.

Is there a way to extract the information from the DVD?
I also have a Maxell DVD with the same problem, except I get a “disc error” message when I play it on the Panasonic.

Or am I stuck with two coasters?[/QUOTE]

It’s been my experience that discs failing during the finalization process are no longer playable under any circumstance.

If these discs were successfully finalized they should be playable on any DVD player.

Unfinalized Panasonic-recorded discs should be playable on any other Panasonic DVD recorder or combo recorder (but not on Panasonic or other brand DVD players). If playable on a Panasonic combo recorder these discs may be real-time dubbed to videotape and from that videotape real-time dubbed back to a fresh DVD that may then be finalized. Or, the disc may be dubbed from a functional Panasonic DVD recorder to another DVD recorder in real time.

Nero CD-DVD Speed or Nero Disc Speed will tell you if the disc is open or closed.
ImgBurn may be able to close the disc or session.If it is open.