Reader questions?

vbimport

Does anyone know if the Plextor ultraplex40max reader can read all the cd’s made on a Plextor 12/4/32 scsi burner? Some sites say that some types of copies can only be read in the burner.

It seems to me that a lot of people seem to make an image file before they use CD clone. Is this because most readers can’t read bad sectors or copy protection types? If so, can my combo of a plextor reader (40max) and writer (12/4/32s) make copies on-the-fly without making an image file?

And finally, is there a way to tell or test a cd for which type of copy protection method is used on it.

Thanks from a newbie

Originally posted by B-Mano
Does anyone know if the Plextor ultraplex40max reader can read all the cd’s made on a Plextor 12/4/32 scsi burner? Some sites say that some types of copies can only be read in the burner.
Sure I don’t see why not. Maybe the sites are pointing at the SafeDisc 2 protected back-ups which only work in the burner but I’m not sure on this.

It seems to me that a lot of people seem to make an image file before they use CD clone. Is this because most readers can’t read bad sectors or copy protection types? If so, can my combo of a plextor reader (40max) and writer (12/4/32s) make copies on-the-fly without making an image file?
OTF can be used but only when your reader is fast enough. Some disc with copy-protections are harder to read so it’s prefered to make an image first. If you have a burnproof supporting burner this shouldn’t be a problem but if you don’t you can get coasters…

And finally, is there a way to tell or test a cd for which type of copy protection method is used on it.
Yes use ClonyXL.