Read/Write Error with 3.0.4.5 Beta

While backing up Ant Bully, DVDFab copies the disc in MAINMOVIE mode successfully but when it ejects the disc just when it asks you to insert media to write to, it pops this read/write error messege with option to retry ignore ignore all or abort.

If you ignore, you’re allowed to insert the media disc and continue with the burn process but this makes me uneasy. I checked the image file of the HDD and it plays fine in PowerDVD but I’m wondering if this is a BUG in the Beta that got overlooked? Come to think of it, I think another OP had experienced the same issue. Strange…

Any ideas folks?

I had the same response backing up Cars in Main Movie mode…

I am getting the same problem but I still have DVDFAB 3.0.4.0 and was hoping it would be resolved in the next version. Can someone look into it? My program has not been working well since I loaded the 3.0.4.0. Thanks

Hi milomannn, I had the same probs backing up, so I reverted back to 3.0.3.9. No probs there :bigsmile:

3.0.3.9. is still on the forum for download, would recommend giving that a whirl :slight_smile: as 3.0.4.0. and above seem to be very buggy for some people but not all.

Good luck, Peter.

Can you post a link to 3.0.3.9?

Hi ecko51, Please private message me with your E-mail address, and i’ll send you a copy. [B]Remember[/B] not to post your E-mail address on the forum

Peter.

PMed. Thanks alot.

Mike

Dear all,

Please try to disable “read-ahead cache” in “Settings -> DVD -> Read” to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks for this information.

I tried removing the read-ahead cache setting and I’m still having similar problems. Trying to work with Pirates of the Carribean 2, Miami Vice, and Ant bully. DVDFab decryptor 3.0.4.5 beta gets read errors on all the discs. Tried DVDFab platinum 3.0.4.5 beta full disc does the same thing at different points. At first I thought it could be the original discs so I borrowed a neighbors copy and the same results.

In some cases, I was able to hit “Ignore” and it gets past it. But I haven’t tried playing the backup yet.

Hi,

Please send us all the .IFO files on Original disc, then we will check the problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

That worked very well. Thanks a lot.
Now to deal with my IDE channel flipping to PIO all the time. Going to read up on the other discussion thread to see if anyone has a more permanant solution that doesn’t involve going into the program registry. I am not brave enough to tackle that yet.

Milomannn,

Try this Post for your PIO Issue:

PIO Mode and Windows XP:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=195682

Thanks for the information. I am working up the courage to get into the registry.

Just back it up before you start editing then if you mess up you can restore it preventing a lot of problems.

Mack