Read the FAQs, New to ANYDVD/CloneDVD2

vbimport

I have just purchased AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 from Slysoft. I’m still trying to figure out, learn and get a hang of everything on my own through the FAQs on this site and the Help menu for the software. However, below are some of the Qs I can’t seem to locate on the guide: (Keep in mind, I’m a total noob when it comes to DVD burning)

1. I have successful burned multiple movie dvds at 16x speed using CloneDVD option. It generally takes me about 15 - 20 mins. 10 mins or so for the data to burn from the source to my h.d. and 5 - 7 mins to write it. However, when I tried backing up the TV Show House M.D. Season 1, it took the software a good 45 - 50 mins just to get the data onto my HD. The DVD came out just fine, but it just takes much more time than I’ve expected. Does anyone know why it takes that much longer to copy a tv show as opposed to a movie? Is this normal?

2. I’ve been selecting DVD-5 on the drop down menu. What exact is DVD-5? I am using DVD+R blank media; should I be selecting the DVD±R option? What are the difference. :confused:

3. Does CloneDVD provide any indicator as far as how much data is on the “source” prior on creating the image on the H.D.? Without it, how am I supposed to gauge what to trim off the original DVD to ensure that it will fit on my 4.33GB DVD+R media?

4. Is AnyDVD just a software that runs in the background? Does it do anything aside from decrypting the security codes on the original DVD?

Got a feeling that all of the Qs are elementary to you guys. Please help or point me to the right direction. :slight_smile:

1. Could be the amount of data in a season of TV vs 1 movie. You’d need to look at the file sizes.

2. DVD-5 is a single layer disk, vs DVD-9 which is Double-layer or Dual-layer.

3.Not sure. Don’t have it on this system. But you can look at the % guage. Anything below 70% should probably have things removed.

1. Yes.

Thank you. :clap:

Apex Predator -

Suggest reviewing the CloneDVD User Manual, which is easily accessed by clicking on the Help icon, located on the top right corner of CloneDVD.

Also additional information can be obtained by reviewing the AnyDVD/CloneDVD User Tutorial ->

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thank you :slight_smile: