Read Speed Hacked Firmware HS0P for 411S-811S

vbimport

I have created an FS0F, FS0J, HS0K and HS0P firmware version that reads at 8x speed for DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W and DVD-Video (original was 6x). This takes us one step closer to the 812S which runs at this speed and allows us to rip faster. :bigsmile:

It can be download from Read Speedhacked Firmware Site.

Initial test show a small wrinkle at the beginning of some reads (slight speed over shoot) but this does not affect overall performance. I am working on this…
EDIT: After several scans this issue seems to have gone away.

Note: I do not have a 411S or 811S drive to test this but it should work OK. Let me know how you get on…

Users of 451S, 851S and 812S see http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93168

could you please also do this for the HS0K firmware please as most 811 owners are using HS0K because HS0P is bad

Originally posted by Spidy1000
could you please also do this for the HS0K firmware please as most 811 owners are using HS0K because HS0P is bad

!!! ABSOLUTELY !!!
HS0P is the worst sh*t I’ve ever seen and really SUCKS!
On the other hand HS0K is the best compromise between DVD+R vs. DVD-R burn quality (for most users)

Originally posted by Spidy1000

OK, I did not realise this, I’m doing it now…

HS0K is now available from the Read Speed Hacked Firmware site.

site is down :frowning:

They say it will be up in an hour. Just be patient!

EDIT:
It is up already.
Thank’s for your afford with HS0K!, C0deKing!

Originally posted by DavesMan
They say it will be up in an hour. Just be patient!

Feed them some dollars and now it is up again for 5GB, so be quick and don’t miss out.

C0deKing, would it be to much to ask if you could also read speed hack the standard 411s firmware as well, I don’t use +R media so I don’t really want to zebra modd my drive just to get 8x read speeds.

thanks mate in advance.
:wink: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by IceBerg
[B]C0deKing, would it be to much to ask if you could also read speed hack the standard 411s firmware as well, I don’t use +R media so I don’t really want to zebra modd my drive just to get 8x read speeds.

thanks mate in advance.
:wink: :bow: :bow: :bow: [/B]

Which is the best firmware for 411S (FS0J)?

I have added FS0J to the Read Speed Hacked Firmware Site… :bigsmile:

FSOF is the best for DVD-R’s.

Thanks

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by somervillec
[B]FSOF is the best for DVD-R’s.

Thanks[/B]

I’m doing FS0F now…

I have added FS0F to the Read Speed Hacked Firmware Site… :bigsmile:

Thank You very much

I’ll let everyone know the results.

:bow: :bow:

Is everybody pleased with the hacks ?

Is this hack supposed to make a 4X disc write at 8X?
Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

Thanks

Originally posted by C0deKing
I have added FS0F to the Read Speed Hacked Firmware Site… :bigsmile:

Originally posted by somervillec
[B]Is this hack supposed to make a 4X disc write at 8X?
Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

Thanks [/B]

Check the subject: Read Speed Hacked Firmware
:wink:

Originally posted by DavesMan
!!! ABSOLUTELY !!!
HS0P is the worst sh*t I’ve ever seen and really SUCKS!
On the other hand HS0K is the best compromise between DVD+R vs. DVD-R burn quality (for most users)

You got me worried. Why is HSOP so bad…would Lite-on really come out with a cack-handed firmware upgrade like this? Does it compromise our ability to do backups as well as use cheap nasty media?

Cheers.

I just uploaded the hs0k hacked firm and ripped from a ricoh DVD+RW at maximum speed of 8.2 without any errors.
Good work.

Hi Ppl,
I’m reading this forum for a while now and there is almost every day a little surprise. :slight_smile: This keeps me reading and testing my 811S.
I had no problems with your hacked firmware HS0K, codeking. It reads 8x now, very good work.
I know its not necessary to say but:
Keep going! :slight_smile:

Greets from Germany
Sunny