Read Speed Hack 451S-851S-812S GS0F

I have created GS0C and GS0F firmware versions that read at 8x speed for DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W and DVD-Video (original was 6x). This takes us one step closer to the 812S which runs at this speed and allows us to rip faster. :bigsmile:

It can be download from Read Speed Hacked Firmware.

Initial test show a small wrinkle at the beginning of some reads (slight speed over shoot) but this does not affect overall performance. I am working on this…
EDIT:
After several scans this issue seems to have gone away.

RITEKR03-002 CD-DVD Speed scan. Whole disc under 10 minutes (usually over 12)…

DVD-Video CSS protected disc

RITEKG04 DVD-R

Verbatim MKM A02 DVD+RW

rubs eyes
wakes up

What a pleasant surprise!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get rid of the read speed lock, but I had yet to figure out where everything was. Guess I don’t have to look any more. :wink: So how did you find out where the bytes to change were? Disassembly?

Originally posted by code65536
[B]rubs eyes
wakes up

What a pleasant surprise!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get rid of the read speed lock, but I had yet to figure out where everything was. Guess I don’t have to look any more. :wink: So how did you find out where the bytes to change were? Disassembly? [/B]

Yes. Could not believe my luck when you and Zebra said it used an 8052 MPU. I have spent many year writing assemblers/disassembler programs and writing in assembler and C for this processor.

I was going to look at making the booktype setting retain it’s setting after a bootup or power off but I’m not sure it is required now that nicw has released his little utility. What do you think?

Looking at GS0H’s write slowdown may be another possiblity but I think I will wait until Liteon’s next official release before wasting time on this.

P.S. Thanks for saving me some time. I used you web page as a template for mine.

Originally posted by C0deKing
[B]Yes. Could not believe my luck when you and Zebra said it used an 8052 MPU. I have spent many year writing assemblers/disassembler programs and writing in assembler and C for this processor.

I was going to look at making the booktype setting retain it’s setting after a bootup or power off but I’m not sure it is required now that nicw has released his little utility. What do you think?

Looking at GS0H’s write slowdown may be another possiblity but I think I will wait until Liteon’s next official release before wasting time on this.

P.S. Thanks for saving me some time. I used you web page as a template for mine. [/B]

whistles Impressive! :smiley:

Um, yea, I’ve… uh, used assembly twice… for the Sparc… and it was for a class years ago, so to be honest, I’m still at the reading-the-tutorials-on-the-site-that-zeb-gave-me stage. :wink:

Thank you! This works great!

ok do i need to hack this to speed up the ritek g03’s back to 4x like i have now or is that already included? is it possible for cod eto add this to his many splendored perl/gui speedhack?

so this firmware is not speedhacked though?

eg: ritekg02 still burn at 4x not 8x?

Originally posted by cnlson
ok do i need to hack this to speed up the ritek g03’s back to 4x like i have now or is that already included? is it possible for cod eto add this to his many splendored perl/gui speedhack?

It only has the standard write speedhacks that the firmware patch utility sets. Use code65536’s write speedhack utility to set them yourself. It’s very easy using the new windows addon.

@d4rkangel
It is not possible “yet” to write DVD-R at speeds above 4x.

ritekg02 is DVD+R 4x…

ur firmware works great and i patched the g02 to burn at 8x and works fine =)

Originally posted by d4rkangel
[B]ritekg02 is DVD+R 4x…

ur firmware works great and i patched the g02 to burn at 8x and works fine =) [/B]

Please to hear it worked but surely your media is RITEKR02 not G02 as the G media is DVD-R.

disregard my previous comment =d

R02 ^^

Can the commands be placed into the spdhack tool somehow?
So that spdhack ups the read speed AND speedhacks the firmware all in one go? I’m probably dreaming… but it would be nice :iagree:

BTW, nice word C0de!

Originally posted by Ssseth
[B]Can the commands be placed into the spdhack tool somehow?
So that spdhack ups the read speed AND speedhacks the firmware all in one go? I’m probably dreaming… but it would be nice :iagree:

BTW, nice word C0de! [/B]

There is a readhacking patcher (see my sig). I guess I could save people trouble by bundling the readhacker patcher in the speedhacker zip instead of having it as a separate download… but that takes work… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

That would be nicer I think but no biggie. I actually just stumbled upon that thread (Readhacker).
I’ve been “Out of Office” for awhile and am slowly reading my way back to the current posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wuile i was “hacking” i also added my old Ritek R2 so i can write to those in 8X and this is what kprobe shows now.

Sorry about that, didn´t manage to
resize the image to fit here

http://www.meonit.com/kprobe.jpg

Originally posted by gube
[B]Wuile i was “hacking” i also added my old Ritek R2 so i can write to those in 8X and this is what kprobe shows now.

Sorry about that, didn´t manage to
resize the image to fit here

http://www.meonit.com/kprobe.jpg [/B]

Hi gube…glad you are happy…just a tip, when using KProbe set ECC to 8 and Speed to 4 (uncheck max) then save the result as a PNG file using the little disc button on the bottom right hand side…enjoy. :wink:

Thanks,c0deking!