Read error when attempting to write dvd

I’ve got an ISO image (also an .XMD in the same folder) which has been created with DCS DVD Copy Suite, which is over 7 Gig in size.

Using CloneDVD I am unable to create a DVD with this image as it’s too big for the blank dvd. (Using ‘Write Existing Data’ option).
I have therefore created a virtual dvd drive and mounted the ISO and it’s now playing back ok using PowerDVD, Media Player etc.

If I then try CloneDVD again using any of the options (pointing the Video files to the drive letter of the virtual dvd drive) I get the error ‘Writing to DVD was not successful G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO:87: read error’

In future I will use CloneDVD to create an ISO under 4.7 Gig but this isn’t an option I’ve got at the moment. Any ideas on what I can do?

You can try to use the 1st or 2nd Button and let CloneDVD process & copy the whole thing. You can select the existing VIDEO_TS folder as the source.

when you say button 1 and 2 do you mean off the main menu where 1 is Copy DVD titles and 2 is Clone DVD.

In which case I’ve tried both these, pointing the VIDEO_TS to the virtual dvd drive. It brings up exactly the same error.

I’m using 1.3.11.2

Originally posted by micksevern

when you say button 1 and 2 do you mean off the main menu where
1 is Copy DVD titles and 2 is Clone DVD.

Right. :iagree:

I recall having the same kind of problem when trying to burn with CDVD a file created by DCS.
I’ll report it back if I’m able to reproduce it again.