RE: Nero weirdness

I have Nero 5.5.10.15 installed on my XP machine!

I have recently had to back up some data which contained various things from apps, mp3’s, pics and short movies.

This is when I noticed something strange! :confused:

In previous versions of Nero I have used the CD’s turned out fine with the default settings of an ISO image but when I checked the CD I had created with 5.5.10.15 something weird had happened!

I put the CD into my laptop CD-rom drive and opened the window to check the contents and was faced with this:

APPS__STUFF
CORELDRAW_11
PUBLISHER_XP_2002
WINDOWS

This is what the folder was supposed to look like:

Apps + Stuff
CorelDraw 11
Publisher XP 2002
Windows

I had a go at trying to install CorelDraw and it wouldn’t because all of the files had been renamed this way and it wouldn’t recognise them! :confused:

Why has Nero burnt the CD in this way?

Did you change any settings when you did the upgrade to 5…15??
It looks like Bero might have rename the filenames to fit one of the standards (iso or joliet).

I didn’t perform an upgrade!

I recently re-installed my OS and decided to install Nero 5.5.10.15

I kept all the settings the same!

I just don’t understand why its burning the files and folders as caps with underscores!:confused:

That is strange. Caps and underscores??

It could be something to do with the cache settings,
try looking at this link http://www.ahead.de/en/content/helptool/137.htm#o590 It had a reference to something caps and underscores

i’m pretty sure cloakdoa got it right on the nose about the problem being one of the iso settings. try changing the iso character set to ASCII.

I feel you man. I had this name changing thing happened to me on one of the Nero versions even though ISO settings are the same as previous version. Changed all my photo files names to caps.:a Your best bet is to uninstall this new version of Nero and switch back to an old version… Man, I don’t even know which version I’m using…:bigsmile: well, it’s not 5.5.10.15. Maybe it’s 5.5.10.0. I gotta check when I get home.

Sorted it all out now!

Got a guide from Nero’s homepage and followed that changing the settings to suite my needs and it worked :bigsmile:

Thanx for your help ppl!

Can you tell us what you changed the settings from and what you changed them to?

Originally posted by hybrid_peanut
[B]Sorted it all out now!

Got a guide from Nero’s homepage and followed that changing the settings to suite my needs and it worked :bigsmile:

Thanx for your help ppl! [/B]

Yes Please tell us what you did to fix the problem.
There might be someone with the same problem at on time and when they use the search for that problem it will pop up this thread for them.

: )