Re: nero loads slow article posted by DoMiN8ToR o cdfreaks.com mainpage

Hi, Just thought I would drop a post to let people know a thing i’ve discovered on windows xp and Nero 5.5.3.5…

ever since day one i’ve had problems burning disks on xp, for some reason unbeknown, my aopen 2440 would not burn at 24x using nero, clonecd or windows burning (don’t ask me why i bothered please!¬)

this was last week - and i’ve been only going 12x since. :frowning: anyway, went into services and shut down the imapi cd burning com service, expecting to get the program started up a little quicker, lo and behold I can burn at 24x now.

Speeding up the loading of burnin software in XP
Burnin software in XP (ie Nero) sometimes drags its feet loading. The cause being the inbuilt Roxio burnin software - this abomination, the root of so many irregularities and corrupted OS’s. This can be disabled:
Control Panel - Admin Tools - Service List - scroll down to IMAPI Cd-Burning COM Services right click - Properties - under General - startup type select disable

I tried the same trick and Nero indeed now starts a lot faster… A great trick! I could always writer @12x since this is my max speed but still a very neat (and simple) trick :smiley:

Nero 5.5.6.4 appears to fix the slow startup problem under Windows XP, so you don’t need to disable the Windows XP CD-burning features with this version.

Hmm… now that you say is, I can remember that my pc crashed a few times when I was burning a cdr with Nero! I thought it was something else. At the time I was burning @ 24x no probs there but suddenly my pc crashed, giving me a Blue Screen! :mad:
Anyway, 2day I terminated the IMAPI thing and will see if it helps.

Thx so far, Nero boots allot quicker now! :smiley:

Originally posted by nutsack
Nero 5.5.6.4 appears to fix the slow startup problem under Windows XP, so you don’t need to disable the Windows XP CD-burning features with this version.
Maybe so but I still prefer to disable it. I like to keep programs ‘running in the back’ to a minimum :slight_smile:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
I like to keep programs ‘running in the back’ to a minimum :slight_smile:

Especially when it comes to MS progs! :stuck_out_tongue: