Re: Medion laptop - downloading problems

I have a German made Medion Notebook MD 95400 that was given to me while I was visiting Germany. I would like to download the free AVG anti-virus software that you can find on the net but unfortuantely my laptop won’t allow it. I had E-Trust anti-virus which I assume came with the laptop. I removed it to the best of my ability but I am still running into the problem of it not allowing me to download AVG or Yahoo anti-spyware. This all began because I got a virus which is now taken care of.
I called Medion in Germany (as I can’t get any help here in the States) and because it is no longer under warrenty they won’t help me. They gave me another number which I called but had no success in getting through. I have never found Medion to be helpful. I would love help in downloading a good anti-virus security system.

So are you still in Germany???

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=tigereye;2232936]I have a German made Medion Notebook MD 95400 that was given to me while I was visiting Germany. I would like to download the free AVG anti-virus software that you can find on the net but unfortuantely my laptop won’t allow it. [/quote]Could you describe more detailled?

I had E-Trust anti-virus which I assume came with the laptop. I removed it to the best of my ability but I am still running into the problem of it not allowing me to download AVG or Yahoo anti-spyware. This all began because I got a virus which is now taken care of.
You formatted the HDD and reinstalled Windows from scratch, using the “recovery” media?

Blocking downloads of Antivirus and similar software is a sure sign of a severely compromised system.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx
[B]“The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild”[/B]

Michael