Originally posted by eap_44
[B]I think I’m gonna get myself the Lite-On 811s esp. after reading the bit-setting tool forum. Now I can changed the format of +R/+RW to DVD-ROM. Now one last thing for 811S model:
- what is the latest firmware that is compatible with bit setting tools?
Anything newer then HS0E.
- what is the latest version of bit setting tool compatible to the latest firmware in question1?
Any version (there are only two)
- is it easy to upgrade the firmware?
- what brand of +R/RW is best for this drive?
Do some searching and you will find the answer.
(Ricoh and TY are my favs)
- what brand of -R/RW is best for this drive?
(Ritek and TY my favs)
- what software will you recommend for backing-up DVD?
The bundled RecordNow is a great little burning program. My favorite method for backup up DVD’s can be found in the link in my signature (AnyDVD/CloneDVD mehod). The free software method many people use is DVD Decrypter / DVD Shrink, check out the Guide and Tutorials section on CDFreaks for more info.
with your answer to my questions: these wil help me simplify things.
Thanks so much for the help! [/B]