RE Iron Man 2 for Better Quality

Storm Jumper or Jimbo, please. I just purchased Iron Man 2 DVD & most always make a back-up with DVD FAB HD DECRYPTER & play this backup instead of the original. I have a paid subscription to DVD FAB & am using the latest version, 8.0.0.5 Aug. 25 2010 Version.
It took a long while for DBD FAB to recognize it , it came up (for quality) it said as follows:

DVD 5 Quality 13 %

I have never seen such low quality , anyway I started the program, then used DVD SHRINK & then the latest Version of IMGBURN and made my back-up which played no problem but the Quality doesn’t seem as sharp.

Should I use a Dual Layer Disk & change to DVD 9 format for better quality or would U suggest something else. I’ve never used Dual Layer Discs but my burners support them.

I would appreciate a reply to my question & I know that, with the wealth of knowledge you fellows possess, U would have a great solution for me.

I eagerly await your reply.

PWANJO, I’m moving your thread to the DVDFab subforum.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2547366]Storm Jumper or Jimbo, please. I just purchased Iron Man 2 DVD & most always make a back-up with DVD FAB HD DECRYPTER & play this backup instead of the original. [B]I have a paid subscription[/B] to DVD FAB & am using the latest version, 8.0.0.5 Aug. 25 2010 Version.
It took a long while for DBD FAB to recognize it , it came up (for quality) it said as follows:

DVD 5 Quality 13 %

I have never seen such low quality , anyway I started the program, then used DVD SHRINK & then the latest Version of IMGBURN and made my back-up which played no problem but the Quality doesn’t seem as sharp.

Should I use a Dual Layer Disk & change to DVD 9 format for better quality or would U suggest something else. I’ve never used Dual Layer Discs but my burners support them.

I would appreciate a reply to my question & I know that, with the wealth of knowledge you fellows possess, U would have a great solution for me.

I eagerly await your reply.[/QUOTE]
Hi PWANJO

If you are using v8005 then you are not using the latest version, to do a backup of Iron Man 2 you will need v8017 beta which has support for the protection found on Iron Man 2.

If you have the paid version then why use DVD Shrink ? the free version will not have the support for another 60-90 days.
Here is a link to the new release…

[B]SJ[/B]

The newer release is FAB 8.0.2.0 which just came out and you can get the link at the top of the forum page, which will do this movie with no problem

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2547445]The newer release is FAB 8.0.2.0 which just came out and you can get the link at the top of the forum page, which will do this movie with no problem[/QUOTE]
The new Fab V 8.0.2.1. is out now and its even better quality than V8.0.2.0.:wink:

Thanks guys for all your help. StormJumper, I guess I have always used DVD SHRINK after using DVD FAB. I thought that DVD FAB removed the protection but that DVD SHRINK did just that , shunk the program to fit on single sided DVD’s. I guess that was how I needed to do it when I had the Freebie Version of DVD FAB.I now have the Paid Version.
I’ve printed your instructions for using DVDFab with IMGBURN & so I will carefully set the parameters in both programs to eliminate using DVD SHRINK. Any tips for me in using the above combo to achieve the best results. I believe you suggested I burn at 8x using Sony dvd’s.

I truly appreciate your expertise as well as the other senior guys who seem to be so knowledgeable.
THANKS, once again.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2547582]Thanks guys for all your help. StormJumper, I guess I have always used DVD SHRINK after using DVD FAB. I thought that DVD FAB removed the protection but that DVD SHRINK did just that , shunk the program to fit on single sided DVD’s. I guess that was how I needed to do it when I had the Freebie Version of DVD FAB.I now have the Paid Version.
I’ve printed your instructions for using DVDFab with IMGBURN & so I will carefully set the parameters in both programs to eliminate using DVD SHRINK. Any tips for me in using the above combo to achieve the best results. I believe you suggested I burn at 8x using Sony dvd’s.

I truly appreciate your expertise as well as the other senior guys who seem to be so knowledgeable.
THANKS, once again.[/QUOTE]

Well as far as setting the burn speed for the sony media or any other brand for that matter, if you have multiple burners what I suggest is to test the media in each drive/burner using the max rated speed of each MID(Media ID) to see how each burner reacts to them and set the burn speeds according to the inavidual drives themselves and how they burn at the chosen burn speeds…if a particular drive does not like using the max speed go with half the rated speed :wink:

Oh and the reason I say go by the MID is because most brand name media like sony TDK maxwell memorex can have the same MID which have been known to change from pack to pack :rolleyes: thats why its best to go with media like Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks SJ for your advice. The reason I’ve been using Sony is because their Printable DVD’s are Full Faced & I burn a lot of covers be it photos of a Wedding or just a back up of my original disc. I use Verbatims as well but I haven’t seen Full Face Printables in my area.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2547770]Thanks SJ for your advice. The reason I’ve been using Sony is because their Printable DVD’s are Full Faced & I burn a lot of covers be it photos of a Wedding or just a back up of my original disc. I use Verbatims as well but I haven’t seen Full Face Printables in my area.[/QUOTE]

Know what you mean on the lack of printable Verbatim, I know most members here say using the stick on label are bad to use but I have never had any issues.

Sony media is ok just set the burn speed to 8x even if the rated write speed is 16x and you should be fine :wink: