Re-inserting deleted scenes

vbimport

With the help of these forums, I got a copy of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. With these two, I was able to create two new DVD’s that contain most of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, except that I cut out the scary scenes that are too intense for my 8 and 5 year olds.

Now, I can put in the DVD I burned and let it run… I don’t have to have them close their eyes and fast forward through the scary parts.

I’ve got a new quest… there are deleted scenes on disk 2 of the HPSS I have. I’d like to put them back into their correct places in the movie. The problem is that each has it’s own set of files and there are two sets of VIDEO_TS.BUP and VIDEO_TS.IFO files. I can’t just put them both in the same directory. Also, there are two VTS_01_X.BUP, .IFO, and .VOB files. I’ve tried renaming these and I’m in the middle of combining the two directories (the result of DVD Decrypting each of the two disks), but I don’t think it will work.

I don’t care if the menus don’t work… all I want is to be able to put in disk one, play it, then put in disk two when disk one is done (I’m not compressing the videos at all… I want the maximum quality).

Is there an easy way to do this? Can I somehow import scenes from another dvd into the directory of the first dvd?

Thanks.

Al.

P.S. I also have Sony Vegas 6.0, if that will help, but I happen to know already that it downconverts the 5.1 audio to simple stereo, which is kind of a bummer. Any way around that? I think that DVD Shrink is probably all I need for what I’m trying to do, right?

Thanks again.