Re-encode dvd created with 321 dvdxpress?

I have some DVDs I backed up with 321 DVDxpress. My old DVD player played it fine, but I sold it to someone and now have a Toshiba. The Toshiba will not play DVDs created with DVDXpress.

Does anyone know how to re-encode these DVDs so that I can get them to work on my Toshiba. ANY other app besides DVDxpress will create a disk that my Toshiba can read. Thanks.

just rip the dvds with dvd decrypter in ISO Read mode, and then write the iso onto a new dvd (also with dvd decrypter).

Hi -

I tried that. It doesn’t work on my DVD player. My Toshiba will lock up after the 321 backup screen. I think 321 studio app does something odd to the number of chapters or something (the IFO file?)

Originally posted by ingenue007
[B]Hi -

I tried that. It doesn’t work on my DVD player. My Toshiba will lock up after the 321 backup screen. I think 321 studio app does something odd to the number of chapters or something (the IFO file?) [/B]

I suggest you try CloneDVD (copy complete DVD).
Should work.

You might try DVD Shrink (freeware) and also delete the self serving extra backup notice that 321 studios puts in the movie, they also watermarked your backup. You could also use DVD Decrypter (also freeware) in the file mode and then burn the files with a program such as Nero since you stated that using the ISO mode, which is the easiest way, didn’t work. Since this is a backup you can also use the originals and re-author the whole movie. As Olli suggested you could try CloneDVD (free trial period, I think.) I have seen some backups rejected because of improper disc file structure, but it’s usually the disc itself that’s being rejected. Make sure that the brand and or type of disc you are using otherwise works in your player. Some players are quite finicky.

Hi -

I’ve tried cloneDVD and it did not work.

I finally got it to work using DVDShrink. I had to deselect the title menu and then use custom encoding ratio (I choose 99.8 percent). Disk now works in my Toshiba. Thanks.