RE: A Lttle Help!

vbimport

Hi Everyone;

I am really new here and need a little help. I have a DVDRW here that is a SDW-431S MSOK and it burns RW and +R disks just fine. When I burn a -R disk I can play it on my own computer but it will not play(or kind of plays) on a home DVD player. It tells me that it cannot recoginze the format of the disk or if it does play it plays frame by frame and the freezes the DVD player or if it does play it looks like a scrambled satillite channel. Is it my burner that is giving me the probs or something else. I am using DVD Shrink to rip DVD’s and Power2Go to burn them off? Can anyone help me here?

Thanks Everyone

MWDHAND

@ Mwdhand
Welcome:). This may be a case of using poor quality media. Liteons generally prefer good quality +R media. You can check your burn results with Kprobe 2.4.3 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you.

Hopefully, your problem is not a firmware media-matching issue as MS0K is the latest version for your 431, but it is a year old! :eek:

Thanks for the help I will give that a try!! I appreciate it!!

Jason

Hey guys;

Thanks for the tip on the reading PI/PO errors. When I scanned a disk that would not play in a DVD player the PI average was 1100. From what I have read that is very high and will not work in any home DVD player. So I then took a disc from the same package of discs and had another guy burn the same movie and did the read for PI/PO errors and his PI average was 100. So from what I can tell it is my burner that is creating these errors to the disks. Is there anyway that I can fix this problem or am I going to have to live with it the way it is???

Thanks again!!!

MWDHAND

You’re better off using DVD+R discs to burn.
Lite-Ons burn better with them.

Your other option would be to purchase a burner that burns DVD-R better if you have many blanks. Burners are cheap now, some cost the same as 100 pack of blanks.