RAW / reading problem please help!

vbimport

ok.... thank you for reading...

i got a freeware apps cd on the net and burnt it with cdrwin as it was a bin/cue file. after i burned it, i just opened the cd rom in "my computer" and it said 0 files, 0 space free or something. so i click on the properties of the cdrom and it says "File system: RAW"

so, i have no idea what is wrong with it. is their anyway to retrieve the movie back? recover it? i mean it still burned to the disc, just i cant access it. i really need to burn it correctly.

any leads or anything i should do? what about extracting?

thanks for all the help!:bigsmile:

Hmmm.
I don´t think you will get any help in this forum. They (and I) are not willing to get involved in illegal actions, like downloading and burning software, games or movies from the internet.

Originally posted by zzpcpzz
[B]ok… thank you for reading…

i got a freeware apps cd on the net and burnt it with cdrwin as it was a bin/cue file. after i burned it, i just opened the cd rom in “my computer” and it said 0 files, 0 space free or something. so i click on the properties of the cdrom and it says “File system: RAW”

so, i have no idea what is wrong with it. is their anyway to retrieve the movie back? recover it? i mean it still burned to the disc, just i cant access it. i really need to burn it correctly.

any leads or anything i should do? what about extracting?

thanks for all the help!:bigsmile: [/B]

next time you edit the first sentence to freeware apps , make sure you edit the last sentence (movie) as well :slight_smile:

anyhoo… since it’s a freeware apps movie (why yes , i am making fun of you ! :slight_smile: ); let us continue.

The first thing to check is that the cdwriter you wrote the cd with can read the files. later on we can use other readers and writers.

If it can … there’s the option of course to copy all its contents back on disk and write them again properly. WinonCd has lots of settings and you might have misread the .cue sheet (wrong bytes per sector or something) or misread the nice .nfo file on how to write the freeware apps movie iso file with.

If it doesn’t , you can try to get an iso grabber to make an iso file of it (via aspi or something). WinISO could be helpful in that.

If it all fails , i’m sorry. You have to download your freeware apps movie iso file again from your favourite irc bot or fxp board.

No need to thank me , It’s been totally my pleasure :slight_smile:

k… here is how the story goes:

my friend with cable downloaded it, and burned to a disc for me, then he deleted the other files. i am not sure if he has raw or not, he has a TDK 12x4x36 i think. any help?

Please make sure you entred the correct key from your license for CDRwin. If you copy it wrong it will say it’s ok, but will burn ONLY COASTERS!!!

Btw, this has been posted allot of times on this forum which you would have known if you had used the search. :stuck_out_tongue:

o great! now no way of retrieving the data back from the cd? damn cdrwin.

Just use Nero to burn your images! File -> Burn Image…

nero doesnt burn .cue/.bin files

Originally posted by zzpcpzz
nero doesnt burn .cue/.bin files

From version 5.5.7.2 onwards, yes it does.:stuck_out_tongue:

heh, i gotta upgrade…

well anyway, is their anyway to retrieve the data from the badly burnt cds?

i dont think so, but i hope so… i chceked the sector reader and it said Video_CD so it has to have somethingl…

CD-Mate also does ccd, and bin/cue files I had to start using that one because I can not get cdrwin and XP to work together.

Are we talking the cd is burnt, the software made the laser to write to it and the cd has the look of a burnt cd, but there is nothing
on the cd?? There are some recovery options out there, but if the cd was done incorrectly and the toc is messed up, it might be difficult to get the files.

its like this, it burned something, but i think it incliuded a dummy file or something to make it not work. so, when i saw the sector viewer in cdrwin, i say that it said Video_CD, and that would be the title of it, so i kno there is something on it. but how do i get that back, thats the hard part, whats are the options?

use isobuster and see if you can get anything ??

tried. no luck :frowning:

Well then i think it is fairly safe to say you have a new coffee mug mat, or a little somthing extra for you waste paper bin. :wink: