Raw Format Copier for 3'5 " Disks wanted !?

vbimport

If anyone has a program to copy protected 3’5 disks please let me know…

Forget it!
This used to be done with an ad-on controller card that you plugged floppy into and gave you complete control.
The last one I saw ran on dos 5 and the one item that was essential was blank UNFORMATTED floppies which are no longer available.

Thanks Black,
Now I really know I haven’t got to search any further !

ERIC

How about a vintage 1990 DOS bit copy program called Copy II PC ver6.0? Around 100kb in 3 files. Should copy any 3.5.

Thanks,
I’ll try them and let ya knwo something :wink:

bub, do me and everyone else a favour before coming in with crap statements about Copy II PC and just think about the fact that a lot of copy protected floppies used the sneaky trick of leaving UNFORMATTED areas on the floppy, thereby completely throwing off the sector numbering.
As I said before you need UNFORMATTED floppies (Which you cannot get anymore) and a hardware device to allow you to skip areas of a diskette.
Just in case you do not know, there is NO way to unformat a floppy!
Stop wasteing peoples time with ill informed suggestions!

It’s not difficult to unformat floppydisks.
For that purpose exist bulk-erasers, developped originally for data-tapes.
A strong fluctuating magnetic field, that decreases like the leaking field of a welding trafo will do to.
But that won’t change the situation>actually copying a floppydisk that’s protected the way, described before.
There was a second way for protection: a tiny hole punched in the floppy.

Sorry! Even a bulk eraser, intended for tapes, will NOT work with floppies.

[QUOTE=;15733]bub, do me and everyone else a favour before coming in with crap statements about Copy II PC and just think about the fact that a lot of copy protected floppies used the sneaky trick of leaving UNFORMATTED areas on the floppy, thereby completely throwing off the sector numbering.
As I said before you need UNFORMATTED floppies (Which you cannot get anymore) and a hardware device to allow you to skip areas of a diskette.
Just in case you do not know, there is NO way to unformat a floppy!
Stop wasteing peoples time with ill informed suggestions![/QUOTE]

You are not only very rude and unfriendly, but like most rude “know-it-all” people you are also completely wrong.

Its actually very easy to unformat a floppy, done it many times, you just need a very strong magnet and to “wipe over” with the magnet over both sides of the floppy several times…

Make sure you make at least 4 passes. 2 per side and on each side make 1 pass at 90° to the other.

Some floppies need two treatments to work.

Format the floppy first under windows (full format not quick) to make sure that the surface is in a good condition before even starting.
I used this method years ago, it works perfectly as you only need to wipe the old format…
I used a strong magnet for holding memos onto a metal wall…stronger is better…get a better magnet if it does not work for you…

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=der_fisherman;2248495]You are not only very rude and unfriendly, (…)[/quote]did you realize that the post you replied to, is nearly nine years old?

Its actually very easy to unformat a floppy,
Times have changed, floppies are considered obsolete.
Computer manufacturers don’t install FDDs for a couple of years now, and recent motherboards lack the FDD connector.

Michael