Ravenshield installation problems

Hello all,
When I try to install “Rainbow Six 3” the installation program open a window whit this message “Unable to find Rasven Shield”.

I have found OnLine the ravenshield.exe file and I try to install but more are the problem, some dll not found and other.

Someone can help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance for all you can.

:confused:

Originally posted by vascotesgama
[B]Hello all,
When I try to install “Rainbow Six 3” the installation program open a window whit this message “Unable to find Rasven Shield”.

I have found OnLine the ravenshield.exe file and I try to install but more are the problem, some dll not found and other.

Someone can help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance for all you can.

:confused: [/B]

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Is this CD a copy of the game? Is it the complete CD? It sounds to me that this is a downloaded copyrighted game, which is not allowed to be talked about in this forum.

We are talking of an original game!:confused:

Did you already patch the game to the latest version then ?

Originally posted by vascotesgama
We are talking of an original game!:confused:

OK, just checking. I didn’t know you could download the .exe file from the internet.

Update to the latest patch, but the problem is installing. Could you tell us the precise message?

thanks,
during the installation process of Rainbow Six 3 this message is showed “Unable to find Raven Shield”.

So I have tryed a search on Internet of this file and I have found an .exe file, so now I’m try to run this file but more dll not found (windows.dll, core.dll, zlib.dll). So I have found these files and I have put they in my windows directory. When I retry to run ravenshield.exe the error message is “wrong access point at the library zlib.dll”.

Thanks

Taking random windows files off of the internet is not going to fix your problem. In fact it is only going to make it worse.

The best thing to try is to uninstall the game, then re-install and then patch to the latest edition. This shoufl give you a clean install and so error messages that are coming from the game and not from the random fiels you have downloaded.

Once you get the game reinstalled check out the Raven Shield website/ forum to see if anyone has the same problems as you ahve have already found out how to fix it.

during the installation process of Rainbow Six 3 this message is showed “Unable to find Raven Shield”.

Is this a copied disc or the original. If it is a copy then use the original. If it is the original then the CD is dirst or scratched. Have you installed it before OK?. If you ahve just bought it then I would excahnge it for another copy and try that.

I would think that they are Windows files, which have somehow been deleted. Do a repair of Windows and see if that fixes the problem.