Raven Shield Backup And A-Ray Scanner Info

vbimport

[I]Has anyone had experience with this software below and what do you think
i should backup my raven shield with because i’ve tried the clonecd profile for
this copy protection but it just wont playback ? “Help !”

“EDIT”
First scan was the cd two “Play disk” and second scan was install directory .
Not scanned disk one yet …[/i]

Use Alcohol 120%.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
Use Alcohol 120%.

[I]Sheesh, Alcohol, :confused: Not very confident with that software .
Strange that a piece of software can have an affect on someone
even though i’ve never used it, :eek: .

Any tips for backup with that software ? Ie, Read / write speeds
Alcohol options setup “Alcoholer” ext ?

Anything would help as im a little unsure of how to use it .

And thanks for the quick reply mate, Appreciated, :bow: … [/i]

You can use Alcoholer’s SafeDisc 2.8x profile if you are not very confident with Alcohol itself. You can read at whatever speeds you like but a slower writing speed (eg. 10x) will give it more of a chance of working. I am quite sure that your LiteON DVD burner is capable of writing regular bit patterns(SafeDisc 2), so use the SafeDisc 1 profile in Alcohol or Alcoholer when burning.

Good Luck!

Alcohol 120% is really easy to use just muck about with it a bit, you will soon get the hang of it.

Click Copy Wizard, thats the easiest one, select which profile you want then what speed then just click next through the lot.

You can use new CloneCD, DiscJuggler, or DiscDump/Fireburner combo (I think) and you need compatible hardware, a 2 sheep burner.

Sheep List
http://www.xlsoft.com/jp/products/clonecd/l.html
http://www.makeabackup.com/modules.php?name=Burner_Attributes

–dunno if they list DVD-Burners yet btu I am sure yours can do it

Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]You can use new CloneCD, DiscJuggler, or DiscDump/Fireburner combo (I think) and you need compatible hardware, a 2 sheep burner.

Sheep List
http://www.xlsoft.com/jp/products/clonecd/l.html
http://www.makeabackup.com/modules.php?name=Burner_Attributes

–dunno if they list DVD-Burners yet btu I am sure yours can do it [/B]

Shoey’s SecuROM 4.8x backup post in the afterdawn forums says that the LiteON burners can encode EFM.

I backed up my version of RS, using alcohol, the same way which was explained by $CyBeRwIz$, Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn`t. I still actually use the original in the system, but will give it another go at copying shortly.

MATT

What is your reader/writer?

I have a liteon 451, to read and write. I also have an unbranded dvd reader, which is only used for backing up dvd`s (original in the reader, blank in the writer). Both play the backup of RS but as i said, its a bit hit and miss.

MATT

You can use Alcoholer’s SafeDisc 2.8x profile if you are not very confident with Alcohol itself. You can read at whatever speeds you like but a slower writing speed (eg. 10x) will give it more of a chance of working. I am quite sure that your LiteON DVD burner is capable of writing regular bit patterns(SafeDisc 2), so use the SafeDisc 1 profile in Alcohol or Alcoholer when burning.

$CyBeRwIz$ description is the way it should work :stuck_out_tongue:
Perhaps try a very slow reading and writing speed like 4x will take some time but that’s what I would do and don’t forget using the SafeDisc profile for writing not SafeDisc 2/3 profile if you want to have a ‘1:1’ backup.

p.s. Your mille is really nice if it’s your’s if I got the money I would also buy one:D

Originally posted by kalas
[B]$CyBeRwIz$ description is the way it should work :stuck_out_tongue:
Perhaps try a very slow reading and writing speed like 4x will take some time but that’s what I would do and don’t forget using the SafeDisc profile for writing not SafeDisc 2/3 profile if you want to have a ‘1:1’ backup.

p.s. Your mille is really nice if it’s your’s if I got the money I would also buy one:D [/B]

I think i may have used Safedisk 2/3, and thats why its hitnmiss, I will try again using just Safedisc.

MATT

P.S It is my mille, thanks for the compliment. I have had it for over 3 years, and think its fantastic.

The mille rocks :bow: :bow: :bow: , if it’s not working just ask again PCthug :slight_smile:

[i]I have just upgraded a hard drive and made a .iso of raven shield
and using clone virtual drive the .iso plays back fine now since i used
alcohol to make it :bow: .

I’ll burn it to a disk later on next week because i ran out of cdr’s last night :frowning: .

Anyhow, My question now is if it plays back using the virtual drive do you think
it will playback ok when it’s burned to a disk if i use alcohol and similar
safedisk settings i used to make the .iso’s ?
It’s the first time i’ve used the virtual drive to test anything like this with
so i was a little unsure if it would work ?[/I]

Did you make the image under the .ISO format? Then I won’t be suprised if it doesn’t work. Remake the image under .MDS/.MDF format and burn with the SafeDisc profile. The SafeDisc 1 and SafeDisc 2/3 datatypes are virtually the same when it comes to reading. The differ at the burning process with 1 Bypassing EFM Error and one not.

[i]An old post but thanks for the info mate, im now
a fully fledged alcohol user 100% or even 120% ;).

And by the way i did manage to get it all working properly after i made
.mdf /.mds files and burned them to disk etc, i saw this old post and i
figured seeing as i must have missed your last post i would drop in a
quick one to say thanks so.

Thanks again mate, :bow:.[/i]

Great work, only took you a year :wink: