Ratatouille

DVDFabHD had a few problems with this movie. I was able to make a copy but at first I had to do the movie only version. The movie choked DvdShrink it caused DvdShrink to shut down) and DvdShrink only worked on the newest DVDFabHD4005 beta attempt. There is some sort of protection in there. I have not yet tried to burn a back up as I just got the dvd. I have a friend who owns a Video store and always sells me an early copy of the dvd’s I want. It pays to be a regular customer… Region 1. (Path Player was activated automatically)

I am having problems with dvd platinum 3.2.1.0 …anyone else?:sad:

Although this disc is heavily protected, RipIt4Me was able to make a full disc backup with ease. It took a little longer, but my backup works flawlessly.

[QUOTE=keyluv44;1925360]I am having problems with dvd platinum 3.2.1.0 …anyone else?:sad:[/QUOTE]
Ive read that it works better with pathplayer off.

[QUOTE=PrinceBytore;1925366]Although this disc is heavily protected, RipIt4Me was able to make a full disc backup with ease. It took a little longer, but my backup works flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

I was able to back up my copy as well, but I was unable to get the feature to jump to the root menu to work. It stated that it could not trace the menu. I tried PgcEdit, but I couldn’t make it work that way either. Did you make your copy with the “jump to menu upon insertion”?

I made a “Movie only” back up as that is what I usually do. (This allows my DVD to upscale to the signal to 1080i as my projector is not HDCP compatible). I then made a full back up, that is when HDDvdFab would do it but when I tried to use DvdShrink it would close down. I downloaded HDDvdFab 4.01 beta and that said it neede to use “Pathplayer” to continue, which I allowed and then was able to make a copy. I have not burned a back up yet as my child is maturing and do not have the urgency of his little fingers destroying my original.

I may try RipIt4Me, academically, just to see, ya know.

Hmmm there may be more then one release of this movie. I had issues with Ripit4me and a full disc back up. Ripit4me in full disc mode successfully copies the [U]full disc[/U] to the hard drive. But the underlying dvd structure is broken.

The break is in VTS 10, vob 2, title 17 (trace mode PgcEdit) after reaching this title the dvd shuts down.

There is protection on almost every Vts on the DVD. The main movie is in Vts 6. The protection in Vts 6 is limited to Vob1.

Ripit4me fails to trace to the main menu in full disc mode due to the break in vts 10.

Movie and menu mode works flawlessly. :bigsmile:

I was able to the burn the backup .ISO compressed by DVDShrink in “movie only” to around 96%. It played flawlessly.

[QUOTE=ffreezinmn;1927154]Hmmm there may be more then one release of this movie. I had issues with Ripit4me and a full disc back up. Ripit4me in full disc mode successfully copies the [U]full disc[/U] to the hard drive. But the underlying dvd structure is broken.

The break is in VTS 10, vob 2, title 17 (trace mode PgcEdit) after reaching this title the dvd shuts down.

There is protection on almost every Vts on the DVD. The main movie is in Vts 6. The protection in Vts 6 is limited to Vob1.

Ripit4me fails to trace to the main menu in full disc mode due to the break in vts 10.

Movie and menu mode works flawlessly. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I just used Ripit4me in Movie only mode for this DVD.
Works great in this mode also.

Add me to the list of folks that had problems w/this movie. Latest Fab dvd Decrypter and then shrink would shut down. Did a search and found this thread so will take everyone’s advice and try again. Thanks

I was able to make a full dvd backup of this title with R4M, watched the movie in dvd shrink and it played fine

I also had a problem copying Ratatouille. I tried all methods including using the latest DVDFab HD Decrypter version 4.0.1.2 default, with Main Movie mode & Enable PathPlayer all with the same result. It gets to about 51.3% complete and hangs on VTS_06_3.VOB. Disk is clean and not dirty and original disk played fine in my DVD player. So being dirty is not an issue. I read other web sites recommendations in how to produce a working copy. I finally resorted to downloading AnyDVD 6.3.0.9. It successfully produced a copy on my PC. In reading responses from other people their may be a bug with DVDFab and VISTA because everyone who indicated it worked successfully was an XP user. I am running Microsoft Windows Vista - Home Premium Edition (x32). Another thought is that I am also running a newer CD/DVD burner - HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L SCSI CdRom Device