What are some features, that just exist rarely in several disc drives?
- Plextor Gigarec. (I first assumed that Plextor is overrated. Now, I know, why they were so popular under enthusiasts.)
- Plextor VariRec.
- Sony PurpleBook DDCD.
- Sanyo/Panasonic HD-Burn.
- Extended error scans E__.
- BenQ: Manual reading pattern.
- AOpen: ×56 reading speed.
- LG H20L: HD-DVD reading.
- LG BE14NU40: Manual mentions DVD+RW DL capabilities. I wish, that I could just magically produce DVD_+RW DL_ media discs out of thin air, but I am no wizard, unfortunately.
More exotic and rare features could be useful for:
We would also be curious about features of discs themselves: