.rar to DVD HELP!

vbimport

Hey guys ive got .Rar files of movies on my external hd and ive had them there incase of disc scratches and other crap.SO i extract the files to my hd and open the video_ts folder with Dvdshrink…Everything opens and burns fine, But the dvds dont play in standalone players only my xbox and pc so whats going on here guys??

This could be a media quality issue! More information on the media you are using and burn speed/engine please?
How old and what make & model is the player?
Welcome to the forum.

im using maxell dvd-r and sony dvd burne, my movies have worked in the past but thats when the actuall dvd was the source not rarfiles of them.

[QUOTE=RemainsHuman01;2118026]im using maxell dvd-r and sony dvd burne, my movies have worked in the past but thats when the actuall dvd was the source not rarfiles of them.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with [B]weedougie[/B]. It definitely sound like a media problem.
Not all batches of same media are the same quality.
Try to get latest version of ImgBurn and burn with that, also I would check on latest firmware version for you burner.

I searched for an update all they had was drivers. my burner is a sony drx 830u i dont think i mentioned before that my standalone players say “The playback feature does not exist-eject the disc”

All players display different message, but it basically say there is nothing there.
Try to get some Verbatim DVD-R, or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R to burn with ImgBurn(free burning software).
If your burns play on computer and Xbox, the media is usualy the culprit.
If your .rar file is ISO, ImgBurn will accept that, just extract it.

The rar files extract to Video_ts and Audio_ts folders should i create an image with imageburn then burn that image with image burn??

You can just burn the VIDEO_TS folder with ImgBurn to your drive as normal in Build Mode. You don’t have to create an image. It should give you a bit of guidance in making a compatible burn. Just drag and drop the Video folder into ImgBurn’s build window. :slight_smile: