RAR archive and MKV file

vbimport

Hello, I’m having a problem with a rar archive and an mkv file. When I try to extract the 100-part rar archive, it tells me part 98 is a bad archive and stops. I used the rar repair function to no avail, and I have deleted and re-acquired that part 98 and I still get the same error. I’m using rar-3.7.0_beta1 on Gentoo Linux. Does anyone know how to fix that?

I have a video mkv file I’m trying to play but it will not. I’ve tried vlc and mplayer. Should I convert it to avi somehow?

Ask those who provided this “archieve” to you.
I doubt it is really a copyright-free movie.

I’m also having trouble with simply playing movies that I’ve used Winrar to extract. Once they come across as zip files or whatever, I thought that Winrar was supposed to extract them, give me the option to then save them in another folder and use VLC or Windows Media Player to watch them as a movie. I can’t figure out what’s going wrong after the extraction because I’m not getting any options to save the files elsewhere for later viewing. Any clues?

I’m not aware of any legal movie download services which distribute their product as corrupted RAR archives.

Thread has been reported in violation of the cdfreaks rules, which I suggest you read before posting again.

Yes, this thread is closed since we do not allow discussion about probable illegally-distributed movies. A clarification of the rules on this subject appears in the Newbie forum stickies:

Recently, there has been a spate of posts asking for assistance in relation to downloaded movie files; mainly ‘torrented’ ISO images and .avi files (multi-.rar or just straight .avi). Whilst we recognise there are legitimate sources for purchasing and downloading music and movies on-line, and that there are freely-available titles for which there is no copyright problem, please take note of the following reminder:

We can assist people who want to make a lawful back-up copy to protect their original purchase, or, because of copy protections, have problems in using their original licensed dvd/cd(s). The forum is not here to help people to make illegal copies of copyright material :cop:.

[ul]
[li] If you are having difficulties in making a working back-up (whether as an image or physical copy) of a dvd/cd that you own, feel free to ask and we’ll be glad to help if we can.[/li]> [li] If you have a problem getting your original dvd/cd to run because of copy protection; again, we’re glad to help.[/li]> [li] However, if you don’t own a licensed original and you’re having problems getting illegally downloaded ISO image/avi files working, then too bad. Buy the original game, movie or album and don’t waste our time and yours by asking for help here.[/li]> [/ul]As Da_Taxman would say- "Respect CDFreaks by respecting our rules " (and remember that you agreed to abide by them when you joined the forum).

If anyone feels hard-done by, then PM me with the movie name and source details.