Rapidfile redistribution

I just want to know if it’s legal to redistribute files i’ve downloaded from rapidshare. I want to create a website where people can download softwares i’ve downloaded from rapidshare for free.

Hi and Welcome![quote=MEGAERA;2141922]I just want to know if it’s legal to redistribute files i’ve downloaded from rapidshare…[/quote]this depends on the software. Just read the license to see what form of distribution is allowed.
Rule of thumb: Distributing commercial software that way is not a good idea.

Michael

Can they track me down if i did redistribute it?
I know i need a local lawyer to answer about internet policies but i don’t know where to find one. Can you help me?

Your question suggests that you want distribute some copyrighted stuff, so again it’s not a good idea :wink:

I just want to do it to help people avail great softwares for free.
I used to spend almost all of my time surfing the net for free appz but to no avail. I want to help people out.

Thanks for the answers!!!

I know i need a local lawyer to answer about internet policies but i don’t know where to find one. Can you help me?

Do they have Phone Books where you are?

Yes, there’s a internet phone book here… What’s with the phone book?

[QUOTE=MEGAERA;2142259]I just want to do it to help people avail great softwares for free.
I used to spend almost all of my time surfing the net for free appz but to no avail. I want to help people out.

Thanks for the answers!!![/QUOTE]

Even if your intentions are good, spreading copyright protected software through rapidshare or other means is definitely illegal :cop:

The only exception is for free software whose licence explicitily allow to diffuse software in any way, like opensource stuff, but there is already a well build infrastructure for distributing opensource software ar sourceforge.com, so there is no need to use RS for this :wink:

?

Yes, there’s a internet phone book here… What’s with the phone book?

Quote:

Do they have Phone Books where you are?

Unless what you wish to do is make open source or other freeware applications available, what you want to do is illegal. 'Nuff said.