Random Buffer UnderRuns

I can’t figure this out: Have a Samsung DVD/CDR-W combo unit & a TDK 12/10/32 CDR-W. All was fine until recently… Now I receive random buffer underruns (Just-Link/BurnProof enabled) in all my burning software (Nero v5.5.10, EZCD Creator v5.234, & CloneCD v4.2). The only recent changes to my system have been installation an AverMedia TV tuner card & assc. software (InterVideo WinDVR2; WinDVD 4) & Alcohol 120%. Assuming Alcohol might be causing conflicts, I removed that - no change. It seems like every 5th or 6th burn is a buffer underrun. Next step was to slick HD, re-install WinXP, AverTV stuff, & ONLY Nero & CloneCD. Should be no conflicts, right? Well, I just burned another coaster. What am I missing? Primary IDE has 2 7200 speed HD’s with DMA enabled; Secondary IDE has the 2 CD drives with DMA enabled. Could THAT be the problem?
I’m not even sure whether this is a hardware or software question, but I didn’t want to flood the forum… I’d appreciate any input. Thanks

What drive is it that’s having under-runs, and what are you burning when it occurs? If you have burnproof-type protection, there shouldn’t be any coasters even with an under-run.

[/B][/QUOTE] What drive is it that’s having under-runs, and what are you burning when it occurs?

Both drives are randomly having under-runs. I usually burn audio, but it’s happening when burning SVCD’s, as well. It’s just so random, I can’t seem to isolate it. VERY frustrating!

[/B][/QUOTE] If you have burnproof-type protection, there shouldn’t be any coasters even with an under-run.

I know… Never used to… Happens a lot lately.

What’s your cpu usage in % ( then writting ). Check this by pressing ALT-CTRL-DELETE.

Try to update all your drivers and aspi.

It does not look like a buffer underrun error. What about the media? Maybe you can post some screen capture here.

Geez guys, I’m embarrased. Seems I’ve been entering the wrong serial # in Nero. Fixed that & now have burned 8+ successful discs. I guess Nero will let you use a wrong serial & then give you random errors (ala CDRWin). Ah well, all seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for all your help.