Random Blank Sceens!

vbimport

Hi, I am having some issues on my computer that i cant seem to fix. I get blank screens every time i play a game for about 30 minutes then it turns blank. can someone help me, could it be my PSU is going bad or is it my processor.

Emachines t6212
AMD athlon 64 3200+
Bestec 300W with 15amps
2gb RAM
9400gt

Most likely the gfx card!

run “dxdiag” from the commandline.

And I wouldnt trust the PSU used.

I’m with chef on it most likely being the gfx card kind of sounds like
it might just be over heating a little bit but that off brand PSU most
likely doesn’t help matters either. :disagree:

cant be the GFX card because i just got it a few months ago, i ran dxdiag it says no problems found. my video card is not overheating at all it runs at 56C at max and 48 at idle

[QUOTE=rolandc5;2516870]cant be the GFX card because i just got it a few months ago, i ran dxdiag it says no problems found. my video card is not overheating at all it runs at 56C at max and 48 at idle[/QUOTE]

OK then check into getting another PS since you say the GFX card isn’t overheating. I had a problem
similar to what you are experiencing a few years back with an ATi card and it wasn’t overheating or
dxdiag didn’t report and thing wrong either but I replaced the card and the trouble just went away.

To be certain it was the GFX card I tried it in another system and it started having the same problems
with the blank/black screens pulled the ATi card out and replaced it with the original and problem gone. :iagree:

But both systems had really good PS’s in them at the time so it could very well be that your Bestec PS
is what’s causing all of your problems. I believe I’d be looking for another PS and stay away from all of
those no name PS’s stick with a brand name PS like Antec or Corsair, Thermaltake, SeaSonic, Enermax
PC Power and Cooling, Zalman. etc., etc,.

The 9400GT uses little power, so I would suspect the PSU since its not a quality brand. You can get the corsair 400W unit for $30 shipped after rebate. CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W, don’t forget to use “10% off w/ promo code 400wsave, ends 5/10”.

So i guess its my PSU thats broken.

The PSU is very low-end, and the longer you game the warmer its going to get, but the same could be true for the video card as well. But we’re going to assume its the PSU because its such a low-end brand.

i think i just found the problem. i downloaded SIW and my processor is running very hot. its at 48C idle and 56C at full.

ohh yea is there anyway to lower down my temps

[QUOTE=rolandc5;2518237]ohh yea is there anyway to lower down my temps[/QUOTE]

Clean the dust out of the CPU Heat-Sink and Fan and if you have a case fan(s) clean
them/it also and if no case fan(s) then think about getting one or more to go in there
it makes a world of difference in temps. :iagree:

ok, i just dusted my computer and i see a little difference, as in it went down from 48C to 44C.