I have an old computer, running on 160mbs of ram and a 6gb harddrive, that has been updated from 98. As i dont have enough money to just buy a new computer, id like to just speed up the pc a bit, and possibly later install a bigger hd.
Just a small question about ram to start with. Is all ram the same size, or does it come in different sizes (apart from laptops) also, are there a different amount of pins on different mainboards? And lastly, will the processer be able to handle the new ram? (256 mb)
- CPU Type Intel Celeron-A, 300 MHz (4.5 x 67)
- Motherboard Name Intel Maui MU440EX v3 (1 ISA, 2 PCI, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
- Motherboard Chipset Intel 82440EX
- System Memory 160 MB (SDRAM)
- BIOS Type Phoenix (07/21/98)
thanks for any help