Ram installation

vbimport

HAVE JUST PURCHASED AN Acer Aspire AS5250-BZ853 LX.RJY02.024 Notebook PC - AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home pREMIUM. Sorry about the cap locks, was offered a 4G ram memory module as an aside. I didn’t buy it as I am not sure how to install it. The price was like $28.00, is it worth it and is it a big deal to install, I have installed several items into a desktop system (hard drives, sound blasters, dvd players, etc ) but am completely unaware of laptop design/configuration.Any help greatly appreciated.T.I.A

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2606469]HAVE JUST PURCHASED AN Acer Aspire AS5250-BZ853 LX.RJY02.024 Notebook PC - AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home pREMIUM. Sorry about the cap locks, was offered a 4G ram memory module as an aside. I didn’t buy it as I am not sure how to install it. The price was like $28.00, is it worth it and is it a big deal to install, I have installed several items into a desktop system (hard drives, sound blasters, dvd players, etc ) but am completely unaware of laptop design/configuration.Any help greatly appreciated.T.I.A[/QUOTE]

Yo durinjt-

Do you know if the RAM is DD3 10600?

If so - Newegg has a 4 gig module of G.Skill on sale for $17.99 - I’ll get the link for you if you are interested. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231341

Mike

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2606470]Yo durinjt-

Do you know if the RAM is DD3 10660?

If so - Newegg has a 4 gig module of G.Skill on sale for $17.99 - I’ll get the link for you if you are interested
Mike thanks for the reply, actually my main inerest is no so much cost as to installation , I never installed anything into a laptop, is it a major install? Have done mucho on a desktop, but a laptop is a new entity to me.Thanks again for your time.

Yo-

Laptop RAM installation is EASY!!

First you shut down the laptop - remove battery and/or power cord.

Then y’all turn the laptop over - locate the memory cover - take out a couple of phillips head screws - remove the cover - gently spread the retainer clips - remove the old module - insert the new module - gently pushing the retainer clips closed - replace the cover - replug in battery or power cord - restart computer and you are done.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2606473]Yo-

Laptop RAM installation is EASY!!

First you shut down the laptop - remove battery and/or power cord.

Then y’all turn the laptop over - locate the memory cover - take out a couple of phillips head screws - remove the cover - gently spread the retainer clips - remove the old module - insert the new module - gently pushing the retainer clips closed - replace the cover - replug in battery or power cord - restart computer and you are done.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Mike, sounds easy enough.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2606473]Yo-

Laptop RAM installation is EASY!![/QUOTE]Not always.
Many Laptop manufacturers do not provide service manuals. Additionally, many Laptops are not designed to be easily upgraded.

For instance my Dell: it has two memory slots, one is easily accessible, the other one is under the keyboard which is not fun to remove.

Michael