RAM Disc is Unreal

I found a free RamDisc program and since all my rigs have alot of RAM I thought I would try it. Here are the results

Alan, free? with no size restrictions? Do we have a name for this program? Also what is the RAM that you used?

One of the reasons why i use my RAM on my SSD testings is that almost nothing else that is made for consumers can give that kind of speed.

You will have to use three SATA 6G on a z87 motherboard to get a sequential speed of close to the ones that you got for the 4K read/write speed of your ram :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2698568]Alan, free? with no size restrictions? Do we have a name for this program? Also what is the RAM that you used?

One of the reasons why i use my RAM on my SSD testings is that almost nothing else that is made for consumers can give that kind of speed.

You will have to use three SATA 6G on a z87 motherboard to get a sequential speed of close to the ones that you got for the 4K read/write speed of your ram :)[/QUOTE]
No size restrictions and it holds the disc after boot. It works a treat on 64bit, and its so freakin easy.:wink: I used 2133mhz GSkill RAM. 16gbs

I guess Alan is keeping the identity of this Ram Disk program a secret? :cool:

This proves the necessity of RAM-based SSD. Gigabyte’s i-RAM was a sensation, but it was inconvenient and filling the slots with four 1GB DDR was too costly. Despite the recent fire at one of the SK Hynix plants could raise some of the DDR 3 prices at some retail and OEM markets rise temporarily, RAM prices will continue to fall.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/1742

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2698644]I guess Alan is keeping the identity of this Ram Disk program a secret? :cool:[/QUOTE]

It looks like he does :bigsmile:.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2698644]I guess Alan is keeping the identity of this Ram Disk program a secret? :cool:[/QUOTE]
Okay you got me, I misquoted myself, it was free for me, I am beta testing it for the author and I actually thought he wouldn’t mind if I posted the link, when I posted this article but he had not got back to me yet so I didn’t. He does mind if I post a link until the program is available to the public, its a great program, very small and has no size limitations. It will hold the RAmdisc after boot and you can create up to 10 of them. I have been using it for a few weeks now and its in a Pre release stage, when it is released I am trying to talk him into a freeware version with less options. I do not know whether I will succeed. :flower: I am pretty sure I can get a license for the forum to do a review if someone will review it, I am not a reviewer.