Ram cartridge error in new DVD recorder

I’ve bought a second hand DMR-E60 to use the 60 (!) DVD Ram cartridges i’ve got from a friend. The cartdriges were used on an older DVD/VHS recorder, probably a DMR-EV57 (?) This broke down and repair was too expensive.
(Cartridge type 4. Double sided 4,7 Gb Panasonic.)

Every disc i’ve tried to format i get the error message “non-recordable disc” and in disc management the option ‘disc protection’ can’t be changed because the “content of the disc is protected”.

Opening the cartridge and insert the disc without cartridge has no result. Same message appears.

Anyone an idea how to change the disc protection to “off” so i can format an re-use this large amount of Ram Cartridges?

I’m wondering if these are an incompatible type of RAM disc. The compatible cartridge would be type II. Suggest you try a new RAM disc in the recorder and see if it behaves.

2 ram discs (of the same type) were ok.
there was content on them and i could format them without any problem.
and all the discs are accepted by the recorder and i can play them without any trouble.
changing the disc protection is the main problem.

[QUOTE=Finzouwnt;1939654]2 ram discs (of the same type) were ok.
there was content on them and i could format them without any problem.
and all the discs are accepted by the recorder and i can play them without any trouble.
changing the disc protection is the main problem.[/QUOTE]

You can use a PC with a RAM drive and the Panasonic RAM driver installed to change the copy protection and format the discs. If they’re not formatted UDF-2.0, the recorder might freak out.