RAM 2 specifications and present DVD-RAM drives

Sorry for insistance, as I think I already asked this question here before, but by the time the problem was a bit further far away than it seems to be now.
And this is ment to be more a doubt made public than a question, as only NEC will in a position to give an answer.
I read this at CdrLabs site:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology (TSST) issued a bulletin on Friday, warning people that some of their older drives are not compatible with the new 6X, 8X, 12X and 16X DVD-RAM2 media. If used, the drive may hang up or eject the media while it is spinning at 1600 rpm.
New DVD format specifications, entitled “DVD-RAM 6X/8X/12X/16X,” were recently established by the DVD Forum. Media meeting the new DVD-RAM formats will be available in the near future.

Conventional DVD-RAM discs supported up to 5X speed (Class0: standard writable speed 2X). New DVD-RAM format discs will support 6X, 8X, 12X and 16X speed (Class1: standard writable speed 6X), which could enable faster recording.

It is recommended that you playback or record data on new DVD-RAM format discs with optical disc drives labeled as compatible with such new DVD-RAM format media (such as those bearing the following “RAM2” mark). "<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

By the time of NEC first announcements of 4550 and 4551, it was referred these would be able to do 16x RAM, a standard that wasn’t yet finnished nor approved.
When the drives came to the market proved to be only 5x RAM.

But now, LG announced (just announced) a 12x drive some time ago…that it is yet to come real!
RAM2 specifications where already approved by the DVD Foórum.

So it is time to expect NEC to be about to or to give an indication - at least - on the possibility of 4550/4551 being able to read the new media to come.
As they are aware of the specificarions and will be in the market for RAM2, they are in a position to do so, for sure.

What will we expect from NEC? Are the drives ready? Will it be possible to make them ready through firmware? If this is the case, will NEC be in a mood to do so?