Raid in Florida, six businesses face felony charges of selling counterfeit CDs

vbimport

I just posted the article Raid in Florida, six businesses face felony charges of selling counterfeit CDs.

cloakdoa lets us know that, as a
response to piracy complaints from the recording industry, at least
six Jacksonville business owners face felony charges of making or selling…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6335-Raid-in-Florida-six-businesses-face-felony-charges-of-selling-counterfeit-CDs.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6335-Raid-in-Florida-six-businesses-face-felony-charges-of-selling-counterfeit-CDs.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

this is interesting… i happen to live in jacksonville, florida and i had not heard anything about this. nothing on the news or anything. i have seen many people selling cd’s are flea markets that are clearly home made, and contain top 40 tunes. i love to fileshare my trance music, but i must agree that downloading FOR PROFIT is unacceptable. no sympathy for these guys

“low-priced pirated music is undermining the entertainment industry and law-abiding shopkeepers” notice how the music industry isn’t put under the label of law abiding, LOL . Price fixing, anyone?

Blah Blah…maybe less cops to give out traffic summons to meet quotas…I wonder what contributions are coming their way via RIAA and similar. They have about the same chance of shutting this down as capturing O.B.L and similar. The answer is (IMHO) simple…recording companies need to change their cost structure so CD’s can be sold (in the US) for say < $5.00… But, the same artists who moan also ask for and get Millions !!! So, what should they expect. Noone is bootlegging ANY reasonably priced goods !!!:frowning:

---- SORRY I meant < $5.00US…not 0.00. But then again, not a bad idea!

cool…SEEMS LIKE THIS SITE DOESN’T LIKE THE “LESS THAN SYMBOL AT ALL”!!! so…LETS SAY IT AGAIN…I MEANT (AND TYPED": Less than US$5.00 (FIVE BUCKS!)

…Sorry folks…it seems that a FIVE before a “.” is changed in posting to a ZERO…COOL

I live in jacksonville also. It was on the 6 oclock news and also mentioned on jacksonville.com’s website.

Check the link up at the top, up underneath the title.